Complaint Review: Rasmussen College

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 05, 2012

• Reported By: DontBeFooled — United States of America
Rasmussen College
7905 Golden Triangle Drive Suite 100. Eden Prairie, Minnesota United States of America

Rasmussen College Misguided information. Invisible Tuition, Lazy Instructors Eden Prairie, Minnesota

*Author of original report: Post

*Author of original report: Reply

*UPDATE Employee: Rasmussen College is willing to help

I went to this school right after high school. I thought this college would help me make the best decisions for my future. I moved to Minnesota alone so they had to mail everything to my mom. While I waited for my mom to get and send the information back I was not attending class, but they put in their system I was.

Talking to financial aid I decided I did not want a loan and would rather pay out of pocket. Trusting this school and Financial Aid Reps was a big mistake. I ended up paying out of pocket but sure enough I blindly took a loan. I went to this school for about three weeks and now owe a lot. I did not know I had a loan until I checked my credit report.

I contacted the school and was told I did not take a loan. Requesting all documentation, I reviewed everything and did not see a loan for Sallie Mae. The work sheets I have are estimated and not legit worksheets. The section for loan list Wells Fargo, but Sallie Mae is saying I have a loan. They don't give you the tuition prices until your enrolled and don't give you the option to get the rates.Since I waited on my mom to send paperwork back I never got tuition rates.

I did not pay much attention because I had already started paying out of pocket. Long story short I recently went back to school and graduated. I compare how things were handled in the past with Rasmusen and feel I got ripped off and now I am stuck.  Since the campus I attended have closed down but I am still stuck with a loan I never received.

I never got notification of the loan from Sallie Mae or Rasmussen. I thought paying out of pocket was going well. Employees do not last long at this college so new employees are going off old incorrect records, that were never updated.

Its a nightmare!! Please do not attend!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rasmussen-College/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-/Rasmussen-College-Misguided-information-Invisible-Tuition-Lazy-Instructors-Eden-Prairie-766910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rasmussen College

Post

AUTHOR: DontBeFooled - (United States of America)

Still have not heard from anyone. This is still a big issue. Rasmussen is definitely not a good place for anyone.

AUTHOR: DontBeFooled - (United States of America)

Hi

Unfortunately I have been dealing with this since 2007. I went back and forth before the Eden Prairie location closed and did not get anywhere. The information were entered into the system incorrectly. I went to resolve this and kept being told it would be taken care of. I was left alone for a year and now the same issue is back.

I have called Rasmussen and everyone is going by the information in the system. I gave up, that is why I put this post up. It is a loosing battle once I pay it will go away. I just want it over with, I learned my lesson. I just don't want anyone else to make the same mistakes. Maybe not all locations are bad but the one in Eden Prairie was horrible. Employees would go and go all the time.

I have since went back to school and graduated. The way the financial aid handled and explained things the second time around at a different college was so much better. How things were handled second time is why I feel I was ripped off. I just want to put this nightmare behind me. I am tired of talking to people. The records I got from the Bloomington location is were I based my worksheet information off. I have estimated worksheets only. The Administrator at the Bloomington location is rude. He did not talk to me, only left the requested information at the front desk.

Like I said I am tired. No one can make this experience better. I would never recommend Rasmussen to anyone. Maybe to people that know how the process is suppose to work.

Rasmussen College is willing to help

AUTHOR: Rasmussen College - (United States of America)

Hello. We are very sorry to hear that you had this experience.  Rasmussen College would be more than happy to look into this situation and rectify any issues. Please contact National Director of Student Financial Services Deb Murray at (701) 277-3889 who will be able to assist you.

Additionally, the Eden Prairie Campus has moved its location to Bloomington, MN. If you need anything else from your campus specifically, you can reach them at (952) 545-2000.