Complaint Review: Razorgator

• Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Dana — Marina Del Rey California
Razorgator
4094 Glencoe Ave., Suite A Marina Del Rey, California USA

Razorgator Ticket listing misled me into dramatic overpayment for undesirable seats Marina Del Rey California

Razorgator strikes me as an entirely shady outfit.

On October 16, 2013, I ordered 2 tickets for the Book of Mormon at the Pantages theater in Los Angeles. Based on the description on their web site, I expected to receive 2 tickets in the front row in the center of the Mezzanine.

At the time, tickets for this show were still available near the rear of the center Orchestra section from Ticketmaster. The cost to buy the Orchestra seats was only a little more than the marked up price for the Mezzanine seats on Razorgator. I opted to spend a little less money to get what I figured would be marginally less good seats. At least we'd be in the front row of the middle part of the Mezzanine...

As it turns out, the tickets I received from Razorgator were for seats on the far left end of the Mezzanine --- the cheapest seats in the house. The listing, according to their "customer service" team, specified "Mezzanine" without being specific. There is no way for me to verify what the original listing said or how it appeared since the Razorgator website offers no additional details about existing orders beyond the event name, price, and number of tickets. In other words, I can only take their word for it.

I am fairly certain the listing either implied or contained a note claiming the tickets were for seats in the center section. I would never have bought the tickets for the price I paid had I known they were in the far cheaper far left section of the Mezzanine --- or had it been obvious the seats were generically located in the Mezzanine. I would've just bought similar tickets with identifiable seat reservations for face value directly from Ticketmaster!

Buyer beware of the dreaded "generic" section listing on Razorgator --- even if there's a note on the listing. If somehow you end up misled or having your tickets swapped for different seats in the same generic section of the venue, you'll have no way to reconcile your memory of events and their claim that you got what you paid for. And don't count on that 100% "guarantee" to help get you satisfaction. You are more likely to get an argument than a satisfactory resolution.

My advice: stay away from Razorgator.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Razorgator/Marina-Del-Rey-California-90292/Razorgator-Ticket-listing-misled-me-into-dramatic-overpayment-for-undesirable-seats-Marin-1123243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Razorgator