Complaint Review: RBC Royal Bank of Canada

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Alex — Toronto Ontario Canada
RBC Royal Bank of Canada
Toronto, Ontario Canada

RBC Royal Bank of Canada RBC debit card, bank card, interac, blocked Toronto, Ontario Canada

RBC reissued by bank / debit card 13 times in 3 months!!! At the same time blocking my existing debit card. So be careful when you do something "irregular" with your spending or they'll block your card and sometime will forget to tell you that. You will know only when your card is declined.

The last time it happened, it got declined in the parking lot at the Pearson airport so I couldn't get out for hours!!! And once the card is blocked, it cannot be reactivated. It has to be reissued!!! And you won't get yours until it comes in mail a few days to weeks later.Oh I'm so switching to a local Credit Union. Stop supporting the big fat banks, support your local credit union where YOU are the OWNER!

The first 4 or 5 times they blocked my card / account, it was due to the name change. They misspelled my name a bunch of times, so I called them up to change it and this will automatically trigger the card blockage and new card reissuance. Then I tried to correct my name through their online banking -- this triggers the same issue again.

Then any irregularity in your spending (as to them), triggers the blockage of your card until you call them and confirm you made such and such transaction.

The last time they did it, I called them up and told them to stop being nosy and stop monitoring my account because I'm fed up with my bank card being blocked and reissued 13 times!!! And they'll tell you it's for your own protection. I don't want protection! If I want protection, I go to the mob guys, NOT to the bank. Oh wait, it's the same thing nower days :-)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2012 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBC-Royal-Bank-of-Canada/Toronto-Ontario-/RBC-Royal-Bank-of-Canada-RBC-debit-card-bank-card-interac-blocked-Toronto-Ontario-Cana-944731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBC Royal Bank of Canada