Complaint Review: rbc

• Submitted: Fri, June 07, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: Lucy P — toronto Ontario
Internet Canada

rbc direct Incompetance, stalling, refusal to release funds, damaged my credit toronto ontario

My father passed away and left my sister and I his RRSP with RBC Direct.  I called March 12 to claim my funds.  Since then, every two weeks or so, I have called them back or actually gone into a branch to fix yet another problem or oversight on their part.  Every time, they tell me yep ok this is the last thing you have to do and then we can send you a cheque.  It's JUNE 7!   I just got the cheque after yelling at them about three weeks ago, and they sent it in BOTH my and my sister's names, I STILL can't cash it!!!!!

I called back again just now and screamed at the rep, I don't even care that the person I'm speaking to isn't responsible anymore.  They assured me when we went into the bank that the account we'd set up to finally put the funds in would allow either me or my sister to take out our share seperately.  THey even went so far as to warn us that either of us could withdraw the full amount without the other's permission, and we assured them that we trust each other.  And now after THREE MONTHS and setting up a whole new account JUST to ge able to reach our cash they are STILL telling me that I can't withdraw my half!

I knew from other people's reports that they were awful to deal with, but it was my dad that originally chose them.  Three months and still no withdrawal from an RRSP is criminal.  I've taken hits to my credit when over $30,000 of mine is being held by these vultures, an actual retired person depending on their RRSP would be evicted from their place of residence without access to their own money for 3 months!  If anyone is suing them please contact me I want to join.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rbc/internet/rbc-direct-Incompetance-stalling-refusal-to-release-funds-damaged-my-credit-toronto-on-1057263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rbc