Complaint Review: RBS WorldPay

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: jaw629 — Willow Grove Pennsylvania
RBS WorldPay
600 MORGAN FALLS ROAD Atlanta, Georgia USA

RBS WorldPay WorldPay Deceptive contract, arbitrary annual "compliance fees", unfair termination provisions Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: WorldPay deserves credit

*UPDATE Employee: WorldPay US, Inc.

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: WorldPay Customer Impact

I have been with WorldPay for over 4 years. When I called them a couple of months ago to cancel my services with them because I found another (better) credit card processor, I was told that I would have to pay a $495 early termination fee. They said I must provide 3 months notice prior to the end of my term to cancel. My term conveniently just ended in December, when I went to cancel so now I have to wait a full year or else pay the $495 fee.

The contract is in such small print - you better read every word of it if you sign up with WorldPay.

I just received my December 2013 statement and they charged an annual compliance services fee of $99.99. No where in the contract where all of my fees are listed does the contract have this type of fee. However, WorldPay has a contract provision on the last page that they believe permits them to charge such fees, as long as they give 15 days notice. I asked the CSR what exact regulations or laws changed, what they had to do to comply with such laws, and the cost to WorldPay. I was met with a response that I should "Google" all of the regulatory changes.

In any event, I would suggest NOT using WorldPay. Their fees are generally higher, their contract is deceptive and one-sided, and they will not let you out of it... Oh, and while they have you in the contract, they can impose any additional fees they want basically.

AVOID at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBS-WorldPay/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/RBS-WorldPay-WorldPay-Deceptive-contract-arbitrary-annual-compliance-fees-unfair-term-1113823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBS WorldPay

WorldPay deserves credit

AUTHOR: jaw629 - ()

The company did respond immediately and credited my account. I am satisfied now. Worldpay, please try to be more responsive to customers needs before they have to resort to sites like this. I am confident that you will change your practices. Thanks again

WorldPay US, Inc.

AUTHOR: WorldPay Customer Impact - ()

Thank you for reaching out to us, were we able to resolve your issue to your satisfaction?

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

WorldPay Customer Impact

AUTHOR: WorldPay Customer Impact - ()

We recently saw your post and would like to address your concerns. Please provide us with your merchant ID  and contact information by emailing customer.Impact@worldpay.us and we will reach out to you to discuss further.

skywave