Complaint Review: reachout wireless

• Updated: Thu, June 13, 2013

• Reported By: purplebondgirl — emporia Kansas
reachout wireless
Internet USA

reachout wireless i paid for upgrade but got a worse phone. Internet

i joined reachout wireless several years ago after getting a flyer in the mail. After waiting over 2 months, I finally got the phone. It was a candybar type Motorola. It was brand new. I was pleased for over 2 yrs. Then, last year my minutes started changing. At first all my unused minutes would rollover but last year the rollovers suddenly stopped. I called but never got to a person. Tried to use the website but it was always down. So I used the chat. Its still the only way to get anything solved. I was told I should have never had rollover minutes.

That it was a different plan. So I let it go. Several months later I went on chat again because my cell wouldnt charge. I was told to upgrade. I wasn't told I could get a new and free battery 1 time. I wasn't told that until I had sent in my money for the upgrade. I got the "upgrade" in only 2-3 weeks. It was a piece of crap flip phone from about the year 2000. It had a race car theme that could not be changed. The cell would not even activate. I tried 3 times to get it to activate until it finally did.

But then it didn't get any reception unless I went out to the middle of my yard. Oh, and the screen was chipped due to the fact thatit had been thrown into a box with the charger and no bubble wrap to protect it. I was told to send it back in the same box using the same tracking number, so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping it back. Big mistake. A month later I got on chat to check the progress. They lied about getting it. They lied about processing the return. I know this because in later chats I was given dates to prove the lies.

I began to copy and paste all the chats after the first one. It was 3 chats and 3 months later when I finally got the replacement. It was worse than before. It was a very early flip. Had no features. It was scratched all to hell and not at all worth the upgrade money I paid. I once again got on chat only to be told I was only allowed one exchange. This company may give people free phones and free services but if you send them money for anything they will rip you off. They are scanners and liars. The products you get are never what you've paid for. They never give refunds. Take the freebies and never give them money for anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/reachout-wireless/internet/reachout-wireless-i-paid-for-upgrade-but-got-a-worse-phone-Internetnbsp-1058786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on reachout wireless