Complaint Review: real property management las vegas

• Submitted: Mon, April 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: jessefire — lakeside California
real property management las vegas
las vegas, Nevada United States of America

real property management las vegas nightmare management you will lose money las vegas, Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: RPM Las Vegas - Update

April 3rd 2013 i was contacted by real property management las vegas informing me that my property has renters interested. Great i responded make sure you get the keys along with the alarm system arm/disarm control that comes with the property, her response oh ok let me look into that.
April 4th 2013 I wake up to an email saying that my property was broken into and robbed of all appliances. Immediately i tried to contact the people responsible for showing the property working for real property management las vegas, no response.
I called the office and talked to Todd the franchise owner and told him how was this possible that my house was robbed if i have an alarm system including an armed guard that responds to the house if the alarm is triggered.
I called the ADT alarms and they said the alarm was never activated but is working properly.
Todds response was it was not their responsibility to arm the house even though the advertisement website and showing of the property show it is included with and alarm system. He told me in these exact words that they contacted me via telephone immediately which is false, i received an email the next day. Todd then proceeded to tell me that it was all my BAD LUCK and The Perfect Storm which was how he was trying to detour the problem.
I told him really Bad Luck? Perfect Storm what kind business is this!!! I pay for this alarm system for tenants and for my security!
This would not have occurred if Juan the employee showing the property had armed the house as supposed to be done. He was negligent and my property was stolen.
Todd still took "NO" responsibility then said that yeah Juan did not arm the house and that Real Property Management  Las Vegas will use my experience at my expense as a learning tool for employees not to make this mistake again.
Real Property Management Las Vegas now is charging me 55 dollars extra for the police report filed. This company needs to be legally prosecuted and people need to be fired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 10:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/real-property-management-las-vegas/las-vegas-Nevada-89121/real-property-management-las-vegas-nightmare-management-you-will-lose-money-las-vegas-Ne-1041802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on real property management las vegas

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

RPM Las Vegas - Update

AUTHOR: RPM LAS VEGAS - ()

I wanted to apologize for the issues that you had while you were with RPM. Although we probably do not agree on everything that took place I want to acknowledge that we let you down and I am sorry. I am happy to report that since then we have made several changes within our company that have come as a direct result of the issues listed in your review.

First off we hired a new Maintenance Coordinator, Sherri Pellegren, who graduated from Cal Berkeley. She has done a phenomenal job cleaning up and organizing our maintenance department. We now have much better communication with our owners relating to repair estimates and approvals. Sherri now manages all our WO's in a dashboard so she can close them out wkly instead of how Karla was doing it before.

We also hired a full-time person to do QC inspections prior to any tenant move-in. If the property does not pass our minimum requirements of being clean, safe and functional then nobody moves in. Even if the owner/tenant want to work out a deal it's not worth it because it becomes too messy once people move-in. Our inspector also tries to stop by each property every 90 days or so to do quarterly inspections. He makes sure there are no outstanding work orders or property issues. He also makes sure the unit looks good, A/C filters have been changed and the tenant is happy.

Our maintenance department also instituted an annual spring A/C tune-up for all our owners which they have been very appreciative of. Thus helping tenants hopefully avoid having their A/C units fail when we hit extreme temperatures. We also now have a tenant portal online where rent can be paid, WO's created and tenant notifications sent concerning the tenant's ledger. Along with this we also introduced a new tenant rewards program designed to incentivize payments to be made online and on-time via our RPM Resident Club. Just by paying rent on-time all our tenants now enjoy exclusive savings from our nationwide discount network of up to 50% off on dining, shopping and recreation through an app on their smart phone.

Finally, we moved into a new office that is about 2,000 sqft so we would have more room to hire people and have better facilities to train them in. We have also required all our staff to complete the RPM-U training courses so we are now an accredited property manager with The Home Depot (which give us and our owners/tenants better pricing). We joined the Better Business Bureau and the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce a couple year ago and have maintained an upstanding rating despite more than tripling the size of the company.

Hopefully you are fully satisfied with whoever is currently managing the property but we look forward to trying to earn your business again in the future. We know it doesn't fix the issues that you had in the past but we ask that you would take these improvements into consideration and update your review accordingly. As a courtesy, if you would remove the review(s) or change it to something positive we would even give you a free one year membership to the RPM Resident Club. If used regularly it will save you $100's per month. Let me know and I will set that up for you.