Complaint Review: Real Property Management Las Vegas

• Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Windsor Connecticut United States of America
Real Property Management Las Vegas
3910 Pecos-McLeod Ste C-120 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Real Property Management Las Vegas RPMLV Questionable Management and Billing Practices Las Vegas, Nevada

*Author of original report: 2nd update

*Author of original report: Update

I recently contacted RPMLV to manage my property in Las Vegas.  I had to relocate to CT in part to help with the care of a sick parent.  I don't have the option to move back to Vegas.  RPMLV advertised a low cost solution that would take care of everything including including helping make the property "rent ready."  Once RPMLV received my initial deposit, they dragged there feet to the point where I made a few calls and inquiries and finally found someone who admitted, they dropped the ball with regard to getting my listing moving.  If this was my only complaint, I wouldn't be angry.

After paying my initial fee of $645, I received a "rent ready" estimate of work that was $1550.  This is for a 1450 sq ft house that is empty on a .06 acre lot.  The work was grossly inflated.  I understand they need to be profitable but I was able to make several calls to get competing estimates at about 50-60% of the RPMLV price.  At this point, RPMLV said that I didn't have to go with them but I'd have to manage all of the work on my property, exactly what I do not have the time to do.  They kept saying that their work was "just an estimate" as an argument.  I don't know what your experience is but mine is if someone gives you an estimate for work, they don't come in 100s of dollars below the estimate.  I am severing ties with this group.  I wish I did an internet search on them beforehand.  They have 5 BBB claims in the past year (this is a lot for one business, 3 were valid, one unresolved and one in favor of RPMLV) and horrible reviews.  After a few contentious emails where RPMLV mocked the BBB claims (even though there is supporting documentation) I have decided to part ways with them.  I will also file a claim with the BBB and the Attorney General of NV.  I may or may not win but losing the $645 is more than okay with me.  This group is incompetent, immature and very unprofessional.  Their business practices are highly questionable.  I sincerely hope that you read this review and the many reviews out there if you plan on working with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Real-Property-Management-Las-Vegas/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89121/Real-Property-Management-Las-Vegas-RPMLV-Questionable-Management-and-Billing-Practices-Las-897402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Real Property Management Las Vegas

2nd update

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

I have continued to have a mostly positive experience with RPMLV.  It is a shame I cannot remove this.  There seem to be a lot of "charges" like a $55/quarterly inspection charge.  I would have figured that was part of their management fee.  Also, a lot of repairs.  In the four years prior to this tennant, they never had 1/3rd as many repairs as my current tennant.  That might be the tennant though.

Update

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I wanted to follow up from this issue.  I am the original poster of this report.  While I still remain concerned about some of the up front billing, I have been pleased with the work by Jordan at the RPMLV office.  The up front costs were lowered a bit and I have a renter now.  If you are going to work with this organization, I would recommend a walk through to assess the repairs before signing anything.  If you have the means to do the repairs or cleaning yourself, even better.
After that initial issue, I have seen positive improvement.  If it wasn't for that issue, my experience with this organization has turned favorable mostly due to Jordan's efforts.