Complaint Review: Real.Com Superpass

• Submitted: Sat, November 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 28, 2009

• Reported By: Rhapsody ripped me off for over $10 — n/a United States of America
Real.Com Superpass
, Washington United States of America

Real.Com Superpass I cancelled my Rhapsody account in October of 2007 but did not monitor my statements. They charged me $15.78 for 2 yrs after I cancelled. I didn't even want the first 2 years because I cancelled tho, Washington

I cancelled my Rhapsody account for Real.com - Superpass in October 2007.  I actually cancelled it within 30 days of my trials period starting in 2005 but they did not cancel it as requested.  Several months later, my girlfriend noticed that my credit card had multiple charges for this service.  I again cancelled this account.  This was in Oct of 2007.  Just recently, as I was paying off the credit card that this account was on, I noticed that I was STILL being charged $15.78 a month for a service.  At this point, I was unsure what the service was.  When I called, the "customer service" people told me that it was for Rhapsody but that they weren't sure why I was being charged since my account was closed in 2007.  So, now I've been charged $180/year for the past four years PLUS credit card interest for a service I used for a trial period of 30 days and attempted to cancel twice.  Bank of America was able to credit me 4 months of service but I am still really upset about this.  Yes, it was my fault for not looking at the statements for a card that I haven't used in 2 years.  However, Rhapsody and Real Player stole quite a lot of money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RealCom-Superpass/-Washington-/RealCom-Superpass-I-cancelled-my-Rhapsody-account-in-October-of-2007-but-did-not-monitor-530234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Real.Com Superpass