Complaint Review: recommendedlocksmith.com

• Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: HanRN — Woodstock Georgia United States of America
recommendedlocksmith.com
Woodstock, Georgia United States of America

recommendedlocksmith.com Ripoff scam company, unscreened & unprofessional technicians Woodstock, Georgia

I called this company at their local #770-387-3427, because I just newly moved into a new house and wanted to get all the locks changed.  They quoted me a $15 service charge to come see what I needed done and told me $19 per lock ("and possibly a little more, depending on the complexity of the particular locks).

Unfortunately, I wasn't home when the technician came and my husband thought I'd already screened and booked this company.  He said the technician had no company markings on his vehicle, no uniform with company name on it, had no business card to leave, and put no service estimate or quote in writing.  We had 5 doors that needed the locks changed.  He did tell my husband they would be $55 each.  This would have totalled $275 - alot more than the original estimate quote of $19/lock, but we still thought under $300 was not too terrible so agreed to let him do the job.

After completing the job in 1-2 hours, he informed us that it was $55 for each SIDE of each DOOR!  Thus $550 for the labor!  Unbelievable!  Even worse, he then told us that was just the cost for the LABOR and that our total was nearly $1000 for the cost of the locks themselves!  We were flabbergasted and really argued with the guy, but he became angry and was shouting that this is what we owed!!

Finally we paid him what he asked because it was getting so uncomfortable and dangerous-feeling.  After all that, I realized that he had left a mess of little springs, screws, metal shavings, etc, inside and outside every door, all over our house!

Horrible scam company!! I don't believe this company screens their technicians, and  they are so unprofessional!!  So maddening to be out nearly $1000 for this tiny job!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/recommendedlocksmithcom/Woodstock-Georgia-30188/recommendedlocksmithcom-Ripoff-scam-company-unscreened-unprofessional-technicians-Woo-867267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on recommendedlocksmith.com