Complaint Review: Recovertree

• Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: alfigonepublishing.com — Folsom California
Recovertree
101 Parkshore Dr., #101 Folsom, California USA

Recovertree DBA as Corey J. Mitchell, Noe Morales, Esther Tracy. AKA; Loan Modification Specialists All three employees are not licensed in California to complete any mortgage wotkouts Folsom California

*Consumer Comment: Recover Tree Service Received

The three employees upfront fraudently collected from me $2200.00 for missrepsented and deceitfully claiming and guaranteing the company would reduce my payments $700.00 and refused to return the $2200.00. Corey. J. Mitchell was recorded on March 12, 2014 informing a judge in Sacramento, CA that he, in fact. committted fraud. Thye company will be sued in a civil trial for a general and punitive damages for at least $25,000.00. The other two employees are Noe Morales and Esther Tracy.

Albert J. Figone

Folsom, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2014 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recovertree/Folsom-California-95630/Recovertree-DBA-as-Corey-J-Mitchell-Noe-Morales-Esther-Tracy-AKA-Loan-Modification-S-1131005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recovertree

Recover Tree Service Received

AUTHOR: Baum@M - (USA)

I am a consumer who hired Recover Tree to do a home modification to our first and second mortgage.  Corey and Noe both started to work on our first mortgage modification and later was handed over to another worker named Ryan.  Corey originally came to our home to review our loan documents for a better understanding of our situation.  Once he looked at all documents he stated that his firm will be able to assist us with the modifications needed.  He stated that they know how modifications work and what is reguired to make the modification process work.

Corey did state that the modification process can be long and bearing, he also provided a written warranty in case the modification request was not approved.  Corey stated that the process may take 6 month to a year because of the bank our first mortgage was with.  I was a little hesitate to purchase the package which cost $3500.00 because every attempt we made prior to get a modification was rejected.  All the banks wanted me to stop making mortgage payments for 90 days prior to the modification which I refused to do.  Corey assured us that the fact I made all my payments on time and never late was an advantage.

My wife and I signed up with Corey and they started the modification process.  Corey and his team stated they would only work on my first mortgage and once the modification was completed they would start the second modification which will be simpler and much faster than the first mortgage.  After about 1 year my first mortgage did come in modified.  The reason the modification took so long is that the bank always stated they needed more documents and never received documents, something Corey warned us about before the process started.  Once the modification came close to being settled the bank sold our mortgage to another lender.  Despite all this Recover Tree continued to move forward with the modification process until a proposal was finally offered.  My old loan was at 6.5 % with an adjustable variable that would change every 6 months.  At no time could it ever be below 6 % and could eventually get to 13 %.

My modification is now 3.1 % fixed for the remainder of the loan.  Dropped from a payment of more than $1600.00 plus escrow to a little more than $700.00 plus escrow.  My wife and I were very pleased with the offer and we accepted.  Now we are in the process of starting the second mortgage which Corey believes will be completed within the next 30 days with little hassle.

I do not understand what happened with the previous complaint made against Recover Tree, but my experience with them has been good.  The modification process can be a long a frustrating process as I learned from experience, as I mentioned I tried multiple times to do a modification and at all times prior to using Recover Tree they were refused.

I will make a new post with the details of the second mortgage outcome which should be in about 30 days if it goes as Corey stated.