Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, September 21, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 21, 2004

• Reported By:Hartwell Georgia
Recreational Factory Warehouse
208 East Frontage Road Greer, South Carolina U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse ripoff! Dishonest! Greer south carolina

They picked up our hottub to have the shell replaced because of a crack in the shell and the heating element was not working. We gave them a check for $400 for pick-up and delivery back to our house once it was repaired. It did not take them even a week and the check wa cashed but it took 4 months to even find out where our hottub was at. It supposedly was sent to the main warehouse in florida but noone knew anything about ir there. Tehn we were told that the warehouse had been destroyed by Frances and they still did not know the status of our hottub.

Once we threatened them with a lawyer did they finally find our hottub. It supposedly was delivered back to south carolina fixed and ready to be delivered, But low and behold, the manager did a final inspection once it was on the trailer and found the same damage to the shell as what was supposedly fixed in florida. He informed my husband that the hottub would be sent back down to florida for further repairs but it would take another 6 to 8 weeks to get it back. My husband told him that we could not wait that long and that we had waited long enough. He said that the only thing he could do would be to send us a new hottub but there would be an additional charge of $800 because our hottub was 3 years old. Futhermore, we would have to pay $182 for a new cover if we wanted one.

I feel that all the trouble we went through to even find out where our hottub was and the dishonesty of the manager of this store warrants us getting this hottub for an even trade. I feel that my husband and I were both mislead and that our hottub was never sent to florida for repairs. I am very disappointed in my dealing with this store. I will never do business with them again!!

Cindy
Hartwell, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2004 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Greer-South-Carolina-29651/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-ripoff-Dishonest-Greer-south-carolina-109418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse