• Report: #198191

• Submitted: Mon, June 26, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 26, 2006

• Reported By:Carrboro North Carolina
Recreational Factory Warehouse
3136 Calvary Drive Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse fraudulent sales practices ripoff Raleigh North Carolina

I purchased a pool and I have spent thousands of dollars at Recreational Factory Warehouse. In anticipation of the swimming season, in April I ordered -- and paid in advance for -- a replacement wall for my above ground pool. When the wall was delivered to the store, we were not contacted (as promised) and had to initiate contact ourselves. When we drove the 50 minutes over to Raleigh to pick up the parts, they were not prepared (as promised) and we had to wait 45 minutes while the warehouse was searched.

In mid May after preparing the pool site for the replacement, I discovered that RFC did not order or deliver to us the skimmer/outlet panel for the pool wall. I called and was told that I would have the part within the week. That was 4 weeks ago. I have made over a dozen calls, I have been repeatedly promised that the matter would be resolved (it isn't), and I have been repeated told that I would be called with information updates on the matter (I did not recieve any calls).

If RFC delivered a pool to you, and you did not make a full payment, do you think they would let you slide? Yet they charged me full price for an item they did not deliver -- and I am now paying interest on a $700 charge for an item that is not complete, and that I cannot use.

On repeated occasions, I told the people at RFC that I was giving them the opportunity to do the right thing. Apparently, the right thing for RFC is treating their customers without any respect -- as long as they have your money.

Stephen
Carrboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2006 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27604/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-fraudulent-sales-practices-ripoff-Raleigh-North-Carolina-198191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse