Complaint Review: recwarehouse

• Reported By: ripped — deltona Florida United States of America
recwarehouse
Internet, Florida United States of America

recwarehouse leisure bay spas Extended Warranty Scam Internet, Florida

Purchased a $8000.00 spa in 2008 from Rec Warehouse. Was keenly manipulated into purchasing the great 10 year extended warranty offer for an additional $800.00. That covered lifetime structure, frame, cabinet, plumbing, equipment and best of all 10 year labor cost.

Now 2012 is here and I had to call in on that 10 year warranty I purchased...well lo and behold its not so great after all. I was told Leisure Bay Spas went bankrupt so for the most part the warranty is null and void. However the other company involved will uphold there end and cover 50% of the parts, no labor.

We received no notice no nothing in the mail indicating that this bankruptcy has occurred or was occurring. I do feel ripped off. Although in a weird way its kind of funny because I never buy those extended warranties and the one I do decide to invest in...well what can I say.

I just want everyone out there to know that Leisure Bay is out of business - Rec warehouse is still in business and when you buy these warranties ask who is honoring them. [continued below]....
..... For example the one I purchased was held by two companies, leisure bay who honored the bulk of it and this other company called 4 warranty which holds a small part of it.

This is a lesson well learned and I hope I have enlightened some of you out there with my tale of woe.

Beware of Rec Warehouse and all extended warranties. Remember these companies are out for themselves and if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/recwarehouse/Internet-Florida-/recwarehouse-leisure-bay-spas-Extended-Warranty-Scam-Internet-Florida-865933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on recwarehouse