Complaint Review: Redbox

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:St JOhns Arizona
Redbox
One Tower Lane, Suite 1200 Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois U.S.A.

Redbox rip off, scam, over charges on credit card, they will steel from you! Oakbrook Terrace Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Simple solution?

*Consumer Suggestion: The way this all could have been avoided

I rented 3 dvd's from redbox machine on 5/10/2008 on 5/11/2008 I tried to return but the redbox machine was down. I called redbox and was told that my card would not be charged and to return the dvd on 5/12/2008. I tried returning the dvd's on 5/12/2008 but the machine was still broke down, I called redbox again and was told the machine would not be fixed until 5/14/2008, to return the dvd's then and my card would not be charged for these rentals. I returned the dvd's on 5/14/2008 as I was told. On 5/15/2008 my credit card was charged, I for rentals and late charges, I called redbox and talked to Evon, she said I never called redbox and called me a liar, stating redbox can not give refunds.

People this is fraud and calling me a liar is defamation. I f I do not receive a full refund and a letter of appoligy from Evon, I will files in the COurts against redbox.

Dr. Jason d Flayton PHD

Jasonj
St JOhns, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2008 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox/Oakbrook-Terrace-Illinois-60181/Redbox-rip-off-scam-over-charges-on-credit-card-they-will-steel-from-you-Oakbrook-Terr-332697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox

Simple solution?

AUTHOR: Aaron J - (U.S.A.)

Kim, I would normally agree with you since there are more than one redboxes in Oakbrook Terrace, IL; but if their customer service told him to keep the movies and return them the next day and not be charged, then they should not charge him for doing so.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The way this all could have been avoided

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

Right on the boxes of the dvds it says that the dvds can be returned to any redbox location.,

So if the one was down then you could have taken it to any location
Most Mcdonalds have a redbox! So there really is no excuse not being able to return the dvds.

This all could have been avoided and the resolution was in your hands.