Complaint Review: Redlands Ford

• Updated: Fri, November 01, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — Mentone California
Redlands Ford
1121 W. Colton Ave. Redlands, California USA

Redlands Ford Tried to charge me $300 for resetting my tire pressure monitor system Redlands California

I had recently had a tire repaired at a local tire shop, and they didn't have the reset tool to reset the TPMS light on my Ford Transit Connect. I knew I would be taking the van into Redlands Ford in a few days for service, so I didn't worry about it, because I figured they would reset it at that time.

After I took it in for service, and they finished working on the van, I got in it to leave and noticed the TPMS light was still on. I went back inside the service office and told them. They had the tech take it back to reset it, and he said it would not reset. They told me that the tire repair shop had probably damaged the sensor and it would cost me $300.00 to replace it, and it was not covered under warranty. I said I couldn't afford that right now, and would have to live with the light being on.

I took the van to another Ford dealership, and they reset it for me at no charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redlands-Ford/Redlands-California-92374/Redlands-Ford-Tried-to-charge-me-300-for-resetting-my-tire-pressure-monitor-system-Redla-1096267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redlands Ford