Complaint Review: Reeds V-Twin

• Submitted: Mon, March 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 01, 2010

• Reported By:Lake Worth Texas
Reeds V-Twin
1240 W Hurst Blvd Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Reeds V-Twin Rip of on classic Harley Fort Worth Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Upset Customer's

Bought a bike there and was told that the down would be about $1500 but when I got there it cost me $3000, but loved the bike and agreed after only being allowed a short test drive I bought it and started home but I didn't get 2 miles away and it broke down, called the next business day and they said bring it in, I hauled it over they looked at it and said it was the carb, after keeping it two weeks I called back and they said the the head was shot and they would fix it, I left the bike and waited, and waited, and waited and every time I called they had some excuse for the delay, after over 6 months I finally started raising hell and demanded my money back, the owner threatened both me and my disabled father. after calling the police and just leaving Reed calls me after a couple of days and says he wants to make things righ and if i'll pay half then we'll call it square, I really loved the bike so I agreed to pay the $1700.00 and finally got the bike back after another month.
When I picked the bike up it had a different carb on it and cheap painted carb cover (I had a chrome S&S Super B). I asked about it and they said that it was a better carb and they would get the chrome cover in a day or so, when I went to start the bike it ran like crap and they adjusted this and that and had it running OK so I took it and when I hit the highway it died, so I called them and they had already left. I finally took it to a reputable shop and the worked and worked on it and could only get it to run for short periods at a time (also informed me that Reeds was well known for this kind of situation.
Needless to say they got the bike back and I got screwed out of almost $8500.00

Festus
Lake Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2009 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reeds-V-Twin/Fort-Worth-Texas-76053/Reeds-V-Twin-Rip-of-on-classic-Harley-Fort-Worth-Texas-436676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reeds V-Twin

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Upset Customer's

AUTHOR: owndja - (United States of America)

I am writing this rebuttal about this report of my company causing fraud or trying to scam in anyway what so ever this certain individual has not spoken the truth about any of these accusation's that he has made and I take that as a personal offense to myself and my company under the general codes of moral conduct that it takes to be and upstanding business owner and a pillar in my community, I would like to add that if this post is not removed immediately then this will have to move this forward into a legal matter for slander and defecation of character.