Complaint Review: Reefs 2 Go

• Updated: Thu, November 03, 2011

• Reported By: fish4us — Irvine California United States of America
Reefs 2 Go
3350 Ulmerton Road #13 Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Reefs 2 Go Reefs2go.com, Alive2go.com, and Piece of the Reef are Sending Live Corals To Their Death!!!! from Clearwater, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reefs2Go Response

*Consumer Comment: I'm suprised you were unable to get a refund

Regarding Reefs2go.com Ill-Advised Business Practices:

Fellow Saltwater Aquarium Hobbyists Please Read, and email to your friends!

We simply want a refund for what should have been given to us, for our purchase, in the first place, which is a healthy alive Purple Gorgonian Sea Whip, which should have been shipped via overnight, with pure oxygen added to the bag, and not with a heat pack. I still do not comprehend how Reefs2go.com can justify sending this coral to us in this manner to Southern Orange County California???

Why would we want a credit from you, "a company who does not care", and "a company who does not know how to correctly ship live corals". [continued below]....
..... You are going to ruin the industry for all of us, with your stupidity!

Do you think we would order another live coral from you, and pay another $24.99, only to have you ship it to us "USPS Priority", (versus the proper method, which is overnight) to have it arrive once again dead to us! You do the math, it just doesn't add up?
Furthermore, with all of the demands on the exportation of live corals, and with of all the new laws being implemented to protect corals and corals reefs nationwide and worldwide, why would you risk sending this wild caught coral from Clearwater Florida to Orange County CA in this manner to us, to risk it dyeing???
This particular Purple Sea Whip Gorgonian coral was going to be fragged-out, as part of an initiative that we are taking, to help corals, coral reefs worldwide, and our reef aquarium industry.

In conclusion, you can rest assured knowing that we will continue filing actions against you in every facet. I hope the $20.99 (the cost of the Purple Sea Whip Gorgonian), not to mention the $65.98 that you have stolen from us, is worth all of the negative publicity that you will receive from us, and our affiliates from online review boards, blogs, online press, and our affiliates nationwide and worldwide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reefs-2-Go/Clearwater-Florida-33772/Reefs-2-Go-Reefs2gocom-Alive2gocom-and-Piece-of-the-Reef-are-Sending-Live-Corals-To-Th-681844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reefs 2 Go

Reefs2Go Response

AUTHOR: Reefs2Go.com - (United States of America)

With no name or additional information that would help me locate your account for research it is difficult for me to determine who you are to attempt to work anything out with you.

Our business phone number is posted on our website, and is 727-623-0914.  I would encourage anyone with outstanding issues or concerns contact us at that number for assistance.  We are available Monday - Friday from 10 AM - 5PM Eastern Time.

We provide an unconditional 14 day guarantee on all of our live items, than begins from the moment you receive your package. This guarantee is effective regardless of the method you select upon check out for shipping that order.  You do have the option to select overnight shipping. Our policy, which is posted on our site clearly explains that we cover the items, but not the cost of shipping if anything does go wrong. We ask that you keep your packing slip for that time frame and if anything goes wrong with an item, simply snap a picture of the item on the packing slip and email it to us.  We don't ask for you to ship it back packed in salt nordo we require a water sample as some of our competitors do, just a picture. If you provide that information to us as requested, we give youa gift card that is good for anything in our store, which never expires. Also, if the item is a free item that is shipped to you, we still guarantee it and will provide you a coupon code for the replacement of the item on your next order. Yet, in most cases, if you go and buy the same item from the local fish store and drive home with it and it dies... your guarantee expired the moment you left the building and if you got anything for free it is doubtful they would provide a guarantee on that item either.

I do hope that the "why/how" we do what we do, will help you, as a customer, understand the way we do business and I do hope that you will choose to continue to do business with us at some point in the future.

I'm suprised you were unable to get a refund

AUTHOR: Bmoore - (United States of America)

I live in Erie, PA.I have ordered from reefs2go.com many times, usually in bulk for the free shipping. Everytime i have ordered fish/corals/snails from them they have ALWAYS been shipped overnight. There have been times that i have had corals/fish arive DOA but unlike your situation they were very pleasent and refunded the price for the deadcoral/fish/and even snail. They also offered to reduce my shipping cost on my next purshase.

In my opinion they are not a bad company to deal with. There prices are very low compared to my local shops and are lower than the majority of the shops online that ive seen.