Complaint Review: REGIONS BANK

• Submitted: Sat, November 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 28, 2009

• Reported By: USMRecog — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
REGIONS BANK
Birmingham, AL Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

REGIONS BANK - AmSouth Bank Utterly Unresponsive to Major Bank Errors Birmingham, Alabama

In 2006, I applied for an was given a HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) through Regions Bank. The credit line was for $20,000 and I used approximately $10,000 it to do some repairs on my house.

One day, I opened my bill from Regions and saw that my balance was now $70,000, $50,000 over my limit!! The bank was not only charging me a lot for this money I did not borrow but they were assessing a large penalty for going over my loan balance.

The local Regions bank manager in New Orleans told me that someone with my same name had gone into a Regions Bank in Birmingham and withdrawn $60,000 under my name. Although Regions freely admitted that I did not borrow this money, there was nothing I could do to get the HELOC department to remove this from my account.

I spent the next year (really-13 months), meeting with the branch manager, writing letters and making phone calls. No one, repeat no one, would help me. As far as Regions was concerned, I had borrowed the money.

My credit report was adversely affected and I was ready to call a lawyer when a family friend who knew the Executive Vice President of Regions was able to make a call for me. Had he not done this, I would still be fighting this problem.

Bottom line: Regions Bank is a disaster. Despite the fancy advertising, they have no regard for their customers. They are careless, sloppy, and would rather destroy the credit and good name of a customer rather than admit that they made a mistake.

Beware of Regions and avoid them at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REGIONS-BANK/Birmingham-Alabama-/REGIONS-BANK-AmSouth-Bank-Utterly-Unresponsive-to-Major-Bank-Errors-Birmingham-Alabama-530078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REGIONS BANK