Complaint Review: Regis Corp

• Reported By: lady_libra68 — Enfield Connecticut United States of America
Regis Corp
Augusta Marketplace Augusta, Maine United States of America

Regis Corp SmartStyle Assault, lies, and termination. Augusta, Maine

SmartStyle uses trash disposal services that are provided by Wal*Mart.  While disposing of trash one evening, the compactor was locked.  Our normal practice was to leave the trash in a cart what was placed by the compactor.  While doing this, a Wal*Mart employee became very upset stating that it made more work for the Wal*Mart employees.  I stated to him that I was doing as instructed, and this man physically assaulted me, slapping my hands and grabbing the trash from me.  I went to the Service Desk to speak with a Manager of Wal*Mart to report the assault.  The Assistant Manager stated that I was yelling at her and being disrespectful, which clearly was not happening. I had 4 Service Desk employees state that this absolutey did not happen, and were willing to sign statements to this effect.  Other Wal*Mart employees were willing to sign statements that they witnessed this assault. The Assistant Manager on duty that evening reported "her version" of the events  to my Salon Manager and I was immediately terminated, over the phone a few hours later.  I wrote letters and called to speak to Wal*Mart Manager, and he refused to speak to me.  I wrote letters to the Regis Corp with no responce.  All roads seemed to be a dead end.  I have now relocated, and all the salons are a division of the Regis Corp. The list of divisions is endless.  I can not get a job in a Salon. Meanwhile, I still continue to make monthy payments on a Student Loan that I used to pay for Cosmetology School.  I would like to be a part of a Class Action Lawsuit if one is brought against not only against Regis, but Wal*Mart as well.  It is my feeling that Cosmetologists work hard for their education, pay for it, and should be treated with a level of respect higher than what is being given to them by the Regis Corp. and Wal*Mart.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2010 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Corp/Augusta-Maine-/Regis-Corp-SmartStyle-Assault-lies-and-termination-Augusta-Maine-661173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Corp