Complaint Review: Regis Salons ,Regis Corporation

• Updated: Mon, July 26, 2010

• Reported By: KristinDarling — redding California United States of America
Regis Salons ,Regis Corporation
7201 Metro Blvd minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Regis Salons ,Regis Corporation They Forced me to Resign a Month before I was supposed to go on maternity leave minneapolis, Minnesota

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Regis is a bad company

I have been working for Regis Salon off and on for the last two years.  Up until today I was the Manager at a local Regis salon in my town. I am also 7 months pregnant and I work 40 hours a week. 3 days ago I told my supervisor that I was going to take my full maternity leave time, and she got really upset and said she thought I was going to work until I went into labor. I let her know my doctor recommended that I work less- however I would lose my position as manager so I told him I will continue to work until I can take my 4 weeks off before my due date.

I show up to work today and my supervisor pulls me aside and basically accused me of Pocketting money and falsifying records.  She said because there was appointments on my books (no shows), that there was no proof of money for- that I had been pocketting that money. She told me with the way it looks if I didnt quit today regis would prosecute me and I would go to jail. It scared the hell out of me and she said either way i wont have a job- that i should just quit. So i resigned out of fear that i would get arrested for something i am completely innocent of.  So now I am unable to get maternity leave or unemployment and i am totally screwed. She also tried getting me to sign a write-up saying i was guilty of theft, which i refused to sign- but i did resign out of fear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Salons-Regis-Corporation/minneapolis-Minnesota-/Regis-Salons-Regis-Corporation-They-Forced-me-to-Resign-a-Month-before-I-was-supposed-to-621336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Salons ,Regis Corporation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Regis is a bad company

AUTHOR: brownsong - (USA)

I totally believe this. I worked for Regis for several years and transferred to several locations, and I was never able to find a location where there was no smoking. I decided to go to work at a Mastercuts(owned by Regis) in a non-smoking mall, but that was a joke. It was a small salon, and employees and managers all smoked in the back room, making it impossible for me to go back there to mix color or eat my lunch without choking. Even the district manager smoked there when she came around every couple of months. I was passed over on a promotion even though I had years more experience than every other stylist, I fixed all the messed up cuts from other stylists, and I was the only one who could do ethnic hair. I had no small kids to worry about, and was free to work any hours, even weekends. But when promotion time came, a young, pretty less experienced stylist with a baby gets promoted. And of course, she smokes. I was told through the grapevine that I didn't get hired because I had said in my interview that I would ban smoking in the salon if I became manager. That's it. The only reason, otherwise I would have been promoted.

And they don't care about customers either, as so many have complained on this site.

You don't need them, dear. Go work for a private salon who will treat you like a competent hair stylist and give you the respect you deserve.