Complaint Review: Reiman Publications

• Updated: Sat, December 10, 2011

• Reported By: Jaygee — Pine Valley California USA
Reiman Publications
PO Box 26825 Leigh Valley, Pennsylvania United States of America

Reiman Publications Reminisce Magazine Book Subscription Fraud Leigh Valley , Pennsylvania

It is now December of 2011. In 2010 bought a one year subscription for an introductory rate (only $10) to the Reminisce Magazine which I liked very much. There were no problems getting the issues. I was then solicted by the company to purchase a hard bound coffee table style Christmas Book for $25.98 which I paid for an received without problems.  Six months later I started getting invoices for another $25.98 for a purchase that I did not order or receive. I ignored the invoices thinking it was just an error in their billing process. Recently, I got a "final notice" from Reiman Publications indicatiing that they were going to send my account to " Norh Shore Agency Inc."  a collection agency. They indicated they were "giving me one last opportunity to make good on my committment to avoid collections".

I decided to call the company and was told that I had purchased a "twice per year book subscription" that would be sent to me automatically when I purchased the first Christmas book. I told the customer service representative  that I did not recall such an agreement and never received the second book or anything since my first order. The representative offered to send me the book for my payment but I told her I didn't want it and that my account should be cancelled. I told her I thought this was a fraudulent sales practice and if I heard from them again I would report it to the state attorney general office. She apologized and said she would cancel the account and that nothing was owed by me. I hope that is the end of this rip off sales tactic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reiman-Publications/Leigh-Valley-Pennsylvania-18002-6825/Reiman-Publications-Reminisce-Magazine-Book-Subscription-Fraud-Leigh-Valley-Pennsylvania-807522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reiman Publications