Complaint Review: reliant energy

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: amanda — katy Texas
reliant energy
Nationwide USA

reliant energy do not use reliant energy Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORTS

I used reliant for almost 10 years. We were moving from an apartment to a house and found a better rate so I cancled them. Them 3 months later I receive a letter from a collection agency stating I owed $334.00. I fought it but we came to an agreement that they would knock 100 dollars off and I would be done with them so I just paid it. 3 months later i received another call saying I owed 100 dollars. I explained that we agreeed that $100 dollars was taken off. They told me they record all calls so they would have to listen to my last call and if there was an agreement then I would be fine. Do they call me back 15mins later and said yes i heard the phone call and there was an agreement and your paid in full and promised that was the last I would here from them. So today almost 1 year since the service was turned off and 6 months since the last call I get another letter stating i again owe $100.00 I call and talk to a manager and explain the whole story again and tell them all they have to do is litsen to the first call recording and they would here It was taken care of. He refused and said there never should of been a deal and I have to pay the remainder balance. So reliant made an agreement but decided a year later the want the full amount. I feel I was ripped off if they agreed to take 100.00 off and close the account they shouldnt contact me a year later and say never mind now we want our money. I will be spreading the word to stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/reliant-energy/nationwide/reliant-energy-do-not-use-reliant-energy-Nationwide-1141832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on reliant energy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORTS

AUTHOR: Kelly Clover - (USA)

If I were in your situation, I would check your Experian, Trans-Union, and Eqifax credit reports. Find out if there is a report appearing on your credit files saying that a utility bill was placed for collection. If this proves to be the case, you should ask the agencies if you can add something to the report declaring that the bill is in dispute. You need to do this because far too many parties are making judgments about you based on what the credit reports say. Car insurance companies are known to discriminate against people because of negative credit history information. Landlords routinely deny residency to such individuals. Other utilities may require sky-high deposits because of such information. The problem goes far beyond getting denied credit by various credit grantors.