Complaint Review: Reliant Group

• Submitted: Wed, April 05, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 02, 2008

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Reliant Group
625 South Lander Street Suite C Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Reliant Group ripoff dishonest employment agency Seattle Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Reliant responds:

Do not use Reliant's services! I should have known something was up when they told us we had a job and then dragged their feet for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Finally we get the job and then find out what we were told was wrong. Reliant told us we would get paid weekly and then we were told bi-weekly then now we are being told we have to follow the companies payment schedule?? What is up with that? We are not even hired by the company and now I am really beginning to think we will not be hired. Because of their back and forth attitude we might lose our place of residence NOT GOOD. Do not trust them on anything! So far they have given us no reason to trust what they tell us. Once again because of this we are forced to find work and quick.

Kat
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2006 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliant-Group/Seattle-Washington-98134/Reliant-Group-ripoff-dishonest-employment-agency-Seattle-Washington-185189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliant Group

Reliant responds:

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

My name is Michael and I am the Dispatch and Operations Manager at Reliant. Reliant is a job placement AND temporary agency now located at 405 S. Brandon Street, Seattle, WA 98108.

In April 2006 when "Kat" submitted her report I was just like her, a temporary employee looking for work. Since then I have worked with the company for 2 1/2 years, working my way to a top management position. I do not pretend to know who Kat is and I cannot confirm or deny anything she said in her report, however I believe I can offer some explanation.

As a placement agency Reliant Group finds prospective staff for local businesses. Usually an employee will work through us for a short period of time while they are evaluated and trained, then they are hired by the company and we receive a fee for finding them. In this capacity a prospective employee gets paid according to the company who is considering them for hire's procedures, not ours. On the other hand, as a temporary agency Reliant places our staff at many different locations and pays our employees once each week, according to our procedures. We pay every Friday for the previous week's work.

It is my theory that "Kat" was likely "hired" by Reliant and told she would be paid weekly because she was being paid as a temporary (through us) worker until we found her a permanent job. Our company then likely found Kat a possible "placed position" with a company who wanted to pay her bi-weekly. The bottom line is that Reliant Group is a reputable company that tries to find work opportunities for people who are otherwise having trouble finding their own. We work VERY hard at trying to find the balance between our customers and our employees' needs. Kat says Reliant drug our feet for 2 1/2 weeks but it sounds like she sat back for 2 1/2 weeks waiting for us to find her a job and then complained about it when it did not pay weekly.