Complaint Review: Renato Watches

• Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: Angry In Texas — Conroe Texas
Renato Watches
29-76 Northern Blvd Long Island City, New York USA

Renato Watches Watch was received broken and Renato claimed it was dropped Long Island City New York

I purchased a Renato Wild Beast watch on Ebay from Espiga and when I received it, it was not functioning.  There was no evidence of damage to the box and the watch was never worn.  I tried to reach Espiga with no luck and then called Renato and they directed me to send the watch to them.  Only after I wrote a scathing review on Ebay did Aaron from Espiga call me with frail excuses.  I told him I had mailed the watch to Renato and Espiga promised me both verbally and in writing he would send me a replacement and refund my money.  I got the watch but no promised refund.  I was informed that Renato claimed that the watch had been dropped and or abused and would not repair or refund the money to Espiga or to me.  I am out $15.00 plus shipping after receiving a watch that was broken upon delivery.  Espiga refuses to make good on his promise and Renato's comment was, "you got a replacement watch whats your problem."

I did not get what Espiga promised and the watch was broken upon delivery.  How that watch was broken or where it was broken is unknown but I can guarentee that watch was not damaged by me.  In the end Renato must not make a very durable watch if it fails during shipping and it remains to be seen if they will even honor their 5 year warrenty.  I am very skeptical.  While the watch is rated at 100 atm, (3,300 feet of water), I am concerned if the watch damages so easily, will it hold up to any abuse or water depth.

Mad as hell in Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Renato-Watches/Long-Island-City-New-York-11101/Renato-Watches-Watch-was-received-broken-and-Renato-claimed-it-was-dropped-Long-Island-Ci-1111674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Renato Watches