Complaint Review: Rent a Center

• Updated: Sat, October 26, 2013

• Reported By: Sheka — Atlanta Georgia
Rent a Center
1418 Moreland Ave SE Atlanta, Georgia USA

Rent a Center, Maria,Derrick Calling under aged kids phone,popping up at my house a day b4 bill due,calln old work place,calln references as my personal contacts,leaving messages on peoplex voice mail for me that I nor them authorized,lying about pmts,beatng my door down. Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: RAC Employee

*Consumer Comment: First, a rental store is a deadbeats last resort...

I once again just received a call from rent a center from my dsughters phone which i hav no clue how they obtained her number. Ive asked them  three times not to call my 10yr. old kids phone. I purposely pay late when they breach my contract. They dont call the number i gave them but they will call  others ive instructed them not to call upon opening my account.  Every pmt i just about make new fees are added to my account which are not accurate. Ive read a printout brought to my house i wasnt suppose to see with false information on it. First they dont hav a way of contacting me then i told them i was gonna pay a certain day but they were at my house before the date they had on the paper. I signed the paper as incorrect and initialed it. Everytime i attempt to make a pmt online the fees are wrong then if its sat when my bill di and they are closed they wanna charge a late fee. They at my door as we speak and my bill due today and its not late and i just td them over the phone when they called my dsughters phone to take me to court cause im tired. They have ran my bp up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-a-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30316/Rent-a-Center-MariaDerrick-Calling-under-aged-kids-phonepopping-up-at-my-house-a-day-b-1094793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent a Center

RAC Employee

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - ()

Hi, I work with RAC and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble with your account and payments. We always want our customers to have a great experience with us. I definitely recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care at 1-800-422-8186 as soon as possible. They will be able to help you sort out the issues with your account, as well as ensure that your daughter no longer receives phone calls. I hope this helps!

First, a rental store is a deadbeats last resort...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

and they do NOT believe ANY of the many stories as to why a payment is only partial or late...AGAIN.

When you filled out your rental agreement, you provided other friends names and addresses.

Sounds like you're following your usual credit history and paying late, again and again.

"I purposely pay late when they breach my contract"

YOU are shooting YOURSELF in the foot everytime you pay late for ANY reason. You are dooming yourself to have a very poor credit history and pay a LOT for what you want.