Complaint Review: RENT A CENTER

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: Marker — BELL California United States of America
FLORENCE N WILCOX BELL, California United States of America

Took out a fridge from rent a center and trying to pay it off within the three months. On 2/8/2012 I called in so I can pay 1/2 of what was left of my payoff. It was about 160.00. After the transaction was complete, I explained how I would come in on the 12th, to pay off the other half. they said that was fine.

So here I come on the 12th to pay it off, and I find the store is closed. So I call first thing in the morning on Monday. I tell the person who answered the phone I need to pay off my bill. He gives me a total of 380... I tell hm no, it was only 80.00. He says its a day late. I tell him I tried paying it yesterday, but you guys wer closed. His answer was "IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM". Really?! It's not your problem that you guys gave me my payoff date on a day you guys know your closed.

Here it is 2/16/12, and all ive gotten from corporate office is some one will call me back. From the store manager to the district manager will call me, BUT NO CALLS. Ive called 2/13/2012, 2/14/2012 two times, 2/15/2012two times, and today 2/16/2012, ive only called once, and I will call again in a few hours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RENT-A-CENTER/BELL-California-90201/RENT-A-CENTER-GAVE-ME-MY-FINALL-PAYOFF-DATE-ON-A-DAY-THEY-ARE-REGULARLY-CLOSED-BELL-Cal-840172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RENT A CENTER