Complaint Review: rent a center

rent a center
Rt 30 and Larkin crest hill, Illinois USA

rent a center AKA RAC harassment crest hill Illinois

*General Comment: ......oh really

I would just like to update my Illinois friends as to their rights. I just came from a meeting with my local police department.

I purchased a few items from rent a center through the rent to own program. At first they were great. Then my husband became ill and so did I. We fell behind. I was physically incapable of speaking with them and faxed them to keep them informed. I offered to have my doctor send them proof. I had various family members try to contact them.

They left door hangers on my door 3-5 times per day on some days. Told my neighbors what was happening and threatened my family with jail time. I offered to pay off the account and they refuse payment. Today, again, they came to my house threatening my husband. I went to the police department because they threatened to file charges against me. The police told me that it is a civil matter her in Illinois and at least in Will County they will not prosecute.

The police told me that next time they come banging on the dirt not to open, but to call 911 and have them removed and charged with harassment and disturbing the peace.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rent-a-center/crest-hill-Illinois/rent-a-center-AKA-RAC-harassment-crest-hill-Illinois-1062369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rent a center

#1 General Comment

......oh really

AUTHOR: Sisler - ()

So you were physically incapable to speak, but you were able to get up and fax papers. Like rent a center alwaya informs their customers like they did me if you cannot pay for it then return and you can pick it back up later. If you could fax papers then you could've answered the door when they came to your house, it seems more like you were avoiding them and then when they had enough they just wanted their stuff back. I'm pretty sure you're not telling whole truthful story here but it'll all come out and it'll bite you. Just return the merchandise.