Complaint Review: rent a center

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: oral — york Pennsylvania
rent a center
1041 mt. rose ave. york, Pennsylvania USA

rent a center we are paying double for a used washer york Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: rent a center

*Author of original report: rac

*UPDATE Employee: I work at RAC...

*Consumer Comment: Just Curious

We went into Rent A Center to buy a used washer. We were near the end of our payments and when we called them at the time that should have been our last payment, they told us that we still owed a hundred and some dollars. Then we asked them that after this payment, how much would we owe. We are paying $60 a month. Then they stated the next payment would be $75. Then we found out that out of the $60 a month $30 was going for a rental fee and the other $30 was for a purchase fee. How can you pay rental and purchase fees on one item? They ripped us off and we payed double which the total amount comes to over $900 for a used washer. So far we have filed a complaint with consumer protection and are waiting on a response. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rent-a-center/york-Pennsylvania-17403/rent-a-center-we-are-paying-double-for-a-used-washer-york-Pennsylvania-1065331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rent a center

rent a center

AUTHOR: oral - ()

to the employee of R A C that sent me the phone# it was right I read it wrong I want to thank you for your time and consideration R A C was charging us way to much the # you sent me really helped you are a very kind person Thank you very very much.

rac

AUTHOR: oral - ()

someone wrote a rebuttal about RAC and left a 800 number I called the number and it wasnt right they have nothing to do with reat a center. If you could please send me the right phone# I will call again. Thank you

I work at RAC...

AUTHOR: Jana R. - ()

Hi – I work at RAC and I can understand the frustration you’re dealing with in regards to one of our stores in Pennsylvania. What you described is not how Rent-A-Center operates, and our Customer Care team would like to get some more details concerning the situation. If you give them a call at 1-800-422-8186, they’ll help to try and make this right. Thanks!

Just Curious

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What does your contract say?

printed