Complaint Review: Rent Before Owning.com

• Reported By: Stopping Scammers — Austin Texas
Rent Before Owning.com
5951 Encina Road Suite 208 Goleta, California USA

Rent Before Owning.com- Unauthorized use of my information! Goleta, California

Today is Sunday, the 29th of June, 2014.  I just received a phone call from someone who said he saw a property for sale on Rent Before Owning's website with my phone number on the ad.  This is not the first time I have received phone calls about this.  Although I do have a property in the same city advertised, the street and number that people refer to when they call is not accurate.  Furthermore, I did not advertise with this company or website, and there are other phone numbers on the ad aside from mine so folks can call and get information.

I did not give this company, its owners, or website permission to use my information about my properties or contact.  I have just submitted an email through their contact page on their website to remove all my information and that I will be filing a police report.  I also looked up one of four phone numbers that was advertised on the page where my supposed property was for sale.  That phone number led me to a website for The Fabulous Working Ladies in Dallas, TX.

I have seen many complaints against this company, "Rent Before Owning" and I will be following up with this matter as I can see this is not an isolated incident, but the way they are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2014 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-Before-Owningcom/Goleta-California-93117/Rent-Before-Owningcom-Unauthorized-use-of-my-information-Goleta-California-1158306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent Before Owning.com