• Report: #919114

Complaint Review: rentalcars.com

• Submitted: Sun, July 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By: ADF — United States of America

Rentalcars.com lie about documents then refuse refund, Internet

When I did my booking I enquired as to whether my documents were sufficient, which they confirmed they were. Then upon collection, they changed their mind, and from there refused me the car or any refund.

I have followed up with many emails to them enquiring about the booking but they ignore them all.

Their claim was that I could not have a refund as their T&C's say so, but there is no mention in their T&C's about my circumstances. They are simply lieing... and now choosing to ignore my emails.

Also the date of my booking was 7 days after it was cancelled. They originally told me I could have a refund if I cancelled before 48hrs of the booking starting. I cancelled 1 week before it was due to start and they still refused me a refund, completely going against their own T&C's

(Luckily for me I have the paperwork confirming all this to back up my case, so I am now commencing court proceedings)

Avoid avoid avoid.... at all cost!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2012 03:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rentalcarscom/internet/Rentalcarscom-lie-about-documents-then-refuse-refund-Internet-919114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rentalcars.com