Complaint Review: rentalcars.com

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Vyvyan — Franktown Colorado United States of America
rentalcars.com
56 Peter Street, Manchester, UK Internet United States of America

rentalcars.com A division of Priceline Rentalcars.com kept $533.88 for a no show for a car I was there to collect! Internet

We booked a prepaid rental car for $533.88 through rentalcars.com, a division of Priceline for the weeks of Christmas and New Year's to be used in Fort Myers, Florida.  Upon arrival we were told we would need to pay an additional $2,000.00 in order to collect the car as we did not have a foreign passport.  The Budget Car rental person showed me a detail in the fine print that said this rental rate is only for foreign citizens.  In other words, I was discriminated against for my national origin in my own country!  Being a holiday, rental cars were hard to come by and we spent an exhausting several hours to locate a more (somewhat) affordable car ( a gas guzzling pickup truck!).  I tried to reach customer service at rentalcars.com by phone for two days but it rang busy every time.  When I booked the car December 10th, I spoke in person to their customer service and described our travel plans.  At no point was I informed that I must be of foreign nationality to receive this rate.  I also confirmed the car rental at Budget and they did not tell me this either.  Their website should state clearly that the rates given are for foreigners only, US citizens need not apply!

They told me when I got back that had I cancelled in advance I could have gotten my money back and since I didn't call them immediately, there will be no refund because we were a "no show".  We were there, but could not get the car for an affordable rate.  Heck, I could have bought a used car for that amount!

Watch out and don't get caught like we did.  I'm still continuing to try to get my money back, because this is a scam and price gouging!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rentalcarscom/internet/rentalcarscom-A-division-of-Priceline-Rentalcarscom-kept-53388-for-a-no-show-for-a-car-995277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rentalcars.com