Complaint Review: rentalcars.com

• Submitted: Sat, June 14, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By: Mike W. — GRAND RAPIDS Minnesota
Internet USA

rentalcars.com Be very careful of this website. They do not bill accurately, and do not refund their mistakes. Manchester, UK Internet

I rented a vehicle in Belize through this website. At the time that I reserved the vehicle, I was charged $512.00. When I arrived in Belize and went to pick up the vehicle, I was told that I had only paid $384.00 for the rental of this vehicle. Consequently I had to repay that difference, even though I produced a receipt that I had printed at the time I reserved the vehicle.

When I filed a complaint with carrental.com, I was told that this matter would be resolved within twenty eight days. Finally after approximately seventy five days, I received an e-mail from them stating that the car rental agency (Avis) had charged me for insurance and that this was where the difference was as far as what I had to pay to them. I am not disputing the insurance that I purchased. My dispute comes from the inaccuracy of what I was initially charged for the rental of the vehicle vs. what I was charged for in addition to the insurance.

These people claim to have millions of satisfied customers all over the world. Don't believe it for a second.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2014 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rentalcarscom/internet/rentalcarscom-Be-very-careful-of-this-website-They-do-not-bill-accurately-and-do-not-r-1154883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rentalcars.com