Complaint Review: rentalcars.com

• Updated: Sat, March 23, 2013

• Reported By: Chico — lima Internet
rentalcars.com

rentalcars.com car rental service Internet

I made a car rental reservation through the internet at rentalcars.com and I had to cancel it one day bfore my trip. I tried to call to cancel it on +44 161 836 2918 on the night of March 17 but there was no live answer (listened to music but nobody answered). There was no other way for me to cancel it. Upon arrival on March 18 in Sao Paulo I especially went to Thrifty, where I was supposed to get the car, to cancel but they said they couldn't do it. So I tried to call again with no success and I sent an email through their "contact us" channel on their internet site the same day. I did not receive an answer until now. Today I called +44 161 836 2918 and finally was able to get through to an attendant - I talked to Mr. Jaime Hernandez who instructed me to write through the same channel again but was extremely negative.

My credit card has been charged the full amount (rental for 8 days) for a service which was not received. Thrifty was probably not paid anything either.

I spent money on unanswered international phone calls and time.

I strongly advise anybody not to rent through rentalcars.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rentalcarscom/internet/rentalcarscom-car-rental-service-Internet-1037342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rentalcars.com