rank

• Submitted: Wed, November 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, December 14, 2011

• Reported By: Brianne — North Huntingdon Pennsylvania United States of America
Reppert Appliance & Funiture
414 Broad Avenue, Belle Vernon, PA Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania United States of America

Reppert Appliance & Funiture GAVE US A DEFECTIVE WASHER/DRYER SET AND REFUSES TO REFUND OUR MONEY Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: REPPERT'S SELLS DIRTY USED APPLIANCES

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: REPPERT APPLIANCE rebuttal

We purchased a used LG washer/dryer set from Reppert Appliance store. From day one the washer has not worked properly. Everytime I try to wash a load of clothes it gives an error code. I contacted Reppert Appliance and they had an appliance technician come out to try to fix the problem. The appliance technician advised the washer needed a new control board. The appliance store ordered a new control board and had it replaced. It worked for a few washes then the error codes came back. I havent been able to do laundry now for weeks and I have two little children at home. I contacted the appliance store to ask for them to take the washer/dryer set back and give us a refund of our money. The lady advised before they would refund us they would like to try to repair and replace the washer first so I gave them another chance. They brought another washer (which is the same one I was already having issues with) but this time the washer was covered in mold. [continued below]....
..... It has a very disgusting smell to it and inside the washer drum/rubber ring there is build up and mold. How am I suppose to wash my families clothes in this washer? I had my fiance contact the appliance store to advise this is completely unacceptable and at this point we are demanding a refund of our money. Everytime we call the lady tells us we need to speak with the owner but never receive a return call from him. I recommend never purchasing anything from this store as they are a complete rip-off. They only want your money and that's it!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2011 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reppert-Appliance-Funiture/Belle-Vernon-Pennsylvania-15012/Reppert-Appliance-Funiture-GAVE-US-A-DEFECTIVE-WASHERDRYER-SET-AND-REFUSES-TO-REFUND-O-798726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reppert Appliance & Funiture

REPPERT'S SELLS DIRTY USED APPLIANCES

AUTHOR: BrianneT - (USA)

Excuse me, you are completely wrong, we were looking for a GOOD used washer/dryer.  Not one that was completely infested with mold like the one you provided to us.  How do you expect a customer of yours to be happy with that type of outcome?

Also, I would like to state, the owner of this company agreed to refund our money and take back his appliances until he found out we filed a Better Business Bureau Complaint.  Once he found out about the complaint he decided to not respond back to us or refund our money as agreed. (I have this documentation in writing)  This company now has a D+ rating with the BBB because the BBB did not find that the business made good faith effort to resolve the complaint.  So how can you say your company bent over backwards to have this issue resolved?  What a joke!

I think this goes to show what type of busniess this is and I would be VERY cautious from purchasing anything from them unless your willing to get RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

REPPERT APPLIANCE rebuttal

AUTHOR: reppert appliance and furniture - (United States of America)

THIS customer was looking for NEW APPLIANCES for a USED price.

WE here at  reppert appliance and furniture bent over backwards trying to make things right  for this customer.

REPPERT APPLIANCE AND FURNITURE HAS BEEN SELLING GOOD QUALITY USED APPLIANCE AND FURNITURE FOR NEAR 20 YEARS.