Complaint Review: rescuecom.com

• Updated: Sun, March 02, 2014

• Reported By: Computer Destroyed — Trinidad Colorado
rescuecom.com
2560 Burnet Ave Syracuse, New York USA

rescuecom.com computers files and programs ALL gone replaced with trash apps Syracuse New York

*Author of original report: Fixed Computer totally

*Author of original report: RESCUECOM.COM MADE IT RIGHT

*Author of original report: "SILLY vs IDIOT"

*Consumer Comment: Reinstall your software

2-27-14 I got my computer back from Rescuecom.com. They were to remove one program. Instead the deleted every one of my files and programs. It even came back as an 8 not 8.1. Everything of mine is gone. In place they added about 40 apps I never had used, wanted or heard of. Gone …Microsoft office 13, dragon, iTunes, portrait professional,…….

When I called them they called me a liar. The owner David Stanley Memmelaar. Hollered at me I never even had that software. I sent him the file showing everything they took out while “Refreshing” my PC. I am posting the proof of what they deleted and what they put back. The whole thing started badly because first he told me my computer was in his back room. In fact he was so mixed up it took him 15 minutes to believe me.

I was calling about my computer ruined and that’s when he started saying his tech. [continued below]....

..... named “Manny” would never did that I was a liar. I demanded an email address to send proof.  His email is smemmelaar@rescuecom.com. After the email all my calls were blocked. The next morning when I called from my land line I went to hold for 20 minutes and gave up. I tried all the phone numbers # 1-800-737-2837, #315-433-5317, # 1-800-rescue-pc.

Finally Friday afternoon they answered the phone to me. “Manny” said he would help starting on the third of March.  Hello? My computer is trashed and that is the best they will do. I have been trying to get my computer back. I can’t even count the hours and hours I have been working on it. I sent an email about they needed to make it right. The response?? “Manny will help you tomorrow.”

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2014 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rescuecomcom/Syracuse-New-York-13206/rescuecomcom-computers-files-and-programs-ALL-gone-replaced-with-trash-apps-Syracuse-New-1127741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rescuecom.com

Fixed Computer totally

AUTHOR: colorado - ()

I feel very bad that I did not wait over the weekend to file a complaint about Rescuecom.com. When I talked to the owneron the first monday, he immediatly straightened out everything. i believed him.

He offered to restore my computer. I shipped it back to rescuecom.com and it was returned running better than it had ever run. I owe the company an apology for complaining before I gave them a chance to fix my complaint with my computer.

In thefuture i will allow the boss to return to work before filing a complaint.The owner kept his word and was nice even though i wrote a negative review.

RESCUECOM.COM MADE IT RIGHT

AUTHOR: compter getting fixed - ()

I had the owner mixed up with an employee. THe owner called me. He explained what happened and aologized for his emploee calling me a liar. He made it completely RIGHT. He told me why the tech missed the removal of all my programs. i originally put in software called Bitfinder which was to prevent viruses. Instead it was malware. when it locked up my computer i sent for it to be removed.

during the removal process windows 8 has a reset and automatically "refreshes" the computer. Windows 8.1 purchased does not have this feature. Mine was an 8 that i updated to 8.1 so it still has a microsoft "bug" . They ae going to put my computer back to it's previous settings. I feel bad I did not get the owner of the company first because I would not have written a complaint. Next time i will spend more time tracking down the real owner of a business.

"SILLY vs IDIOT"

AUTHOR: Computer Destroyed - ()

If you wipe all  computers clean without permission you would not be in business long. READ it THEY lied & refused to respond. I am a dentist what if you went in for a filing and instead I pulled a tooth without your permission I guess you would be AOK with that if I saoid "STANDARD OPEARATING PROCEDURE" Then I hand you a bill to pay. That is called an anlogy, if you can't understand that word look it up. I will cheerfully make any time available to do a "filliing" for you and extract your front tooth.  THen I would say," here you can keep your tooth and put it back in on your own time." sorry if it does not go back tothe way it was.

Reinstall your software

AUTHOR: dum8d0g - ()

It sounds like your PC was totally messed up and they needed to wipe your hard disk in order to repair it.  That is a standard practice.  If you can't do it yourself, get a friend to help you reinstall those missing applications.  Its not a big deal to reinstall those and restore your documents from backups. (Assuming you do regular backups, because it would be silly not to, right?)