Complaint Review: ResMac

ResMac
6501 Congress Avenue Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

ResMac Do not honor Mortgage Committments Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Update

I received a mortgage committment letter from ResMac July 27, 2012.  I was under contract and delayed due to a seller issue.  Once this was resolved we were ready to close.  Two days before closing I was denied the loan due to non sufficient documentation of rental income.

This company had this information on day 2 of discussing obtaining a mortgage.  4 months later I was denied.  They not only did not honor their committment, but they were non communicative and rude to both myself, my agent, and the listing agent.  My loan officer ignored all phone calls and emails from me when they knew the loan was denied.  We only found out about the denial by calling the branch manager.  This same branch manager was also rude and hung up the phone on the listing agent among other things.

Besides losing 4 months of my life on this I also now have 2 weeks to find a place to live and my earnest monies are in jeopardy because of their actions.

I would run not walk away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ResMac/Boca-Raton-Florida-33496/ResMac-Do-not-honor-Mortgage-Committments-Boca-Raton-Florida-957210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ResMac

Update

AUTHOR: JR - (United States of America)

While the situation described below is still a great source of stress, Resmac has since agreed to refund me funds to cover my appraisal, inspection, and survey of the property so at least financially speaking I am not in a negative situation.

We agreed there were many things that could have been done better to not compound this situation.

I appreciate that Resmac was responsive to do the right thing financially.

Regards