Complaint Review: Resorts Anytime, Inc

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: HKF225 — Princeton Kentucky
Resorts Anytime, Inc
33 Office Park Rd Ste 218 Hilton Head Island, South Carolina USA

Resorts Anytime, Inc aka Hilton Head Anytime, Resorts Anytime is a SCAM along with Monterey Financial Services ,their loan servicer, Hilton Head Island South Carolina

In February/March 2012 my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Hilton Head Island, SC. We were approached by a gentleman regarding seeing a presentation given by Resorts Anytime. We went to check it out, as we had heard about Timeshares, but had never learned the facts behind one.

After a somewhat lenghty presentation along with a tour of an amazing 3 bedroom condo in Hilton Head Island and a promise we could rent out places like that anywhere in the world for $350 a week, we decided to purchase their Platinum-level vacation club membership at $1500.

Not only were we unable to access their website to make reservations for approxmiately 6 months after we purchased the package, when we were able to log in their prices were higher than that of Travelocity, Expedia, etc. It was a total waste! On the one occassion that I received an email back from customer service (I have emailed several times over the course of the 2 years we have had this junk membership) they stated their reservation line would be able to better assist us as they do not list their "special deals" on their website. My first thought was "why not?". When I called their reservation line I was given the same information as the website, and was even told they could not honor the prices of their competitors.

I emailed the company and asked for our contract to be cancelled. I did not ask for a refund on the payments made, only forgiveness for the balance. I was told they could not do this.

This company is a complete scam and you're essentially paying $1500+ to access a website that does not work 75% of the time.

Not to mention, they service their loans through a company called Monterey Financial Services. The people are rude and will throw your account into their in-house "collection" department after your payment is a few days late (even if it's the mail's fault!). They further charge an incredulous interest rate and a "colleciton fee" of $20 a month. Their representatives are rude and even refuse a settlement offer. Our original loan amount was $1500 for the resort membership. As of today 2/24/14 I have paid $1300 on this account and have a remaining balance of over $1700. This company is crooked too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resorts-Anytime-Inc/Hilton-Head-Island-South-Carolina-29928/Resorts-Anytime-Inc-aka-Hilton-Head-Anytime-Resorts-Anytime-is-a-SCAM-along-with-Monter-1126146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resorts Anytime, Inc