Complaint Review: restoration werks

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: gordon — minneapolis Minnesota
restoration werks
1101 West Main St louieville, Kentucky United States of America

restoration werks lied, cheated, stole louieville, Kentucky

Complaint: I met Stephan Pate of Restoration Werks in Minnesota where I was having him work on a old 1000 Kawasaki. He found a Harris rolling chassis on Ebay and on his recommendation I purchased it. He did around $2500. of work on it while I had another party Dick Schnider porting do work on the engine. The motor work took a lot longer than we had anticipated and Stephen moved his shop to Louisville. We agreed for him to bring the frame with him and we would sell it from there or I would pic it up. We agreed to try to find a buyer for it if we could by word of mouth or internet.

I was looking to get around $6000. We had an on going conversation on facebook and talked on the phone when Stephen wasn't to busy. I got this message in Dec. Hey man. I have a guy here today that I know that is interested seriously in your Harris. He's a cash buyer and ready to go. He's offered $4k for the chassis setup and exhaust that is here. [continued below]....
..... given the market on this stuff *now*, as opposed to when you bought, I think this is a very fair offer... and it's real. I could have the cash or check or whatever, today.

Whattya want to do? My recommendation, in case you are interested, is to take it. My response was to call but only could leave ok let's sell and hey what's going on voice messages.Me:6th Dec facebookSent you a message a while back saying ok lets sell, did you get it. Is there still interest. It apparently it gets sold and I leave regular phone and face book messages, in Feb, Mar, Apr. I hear nothing from him for five months. I find a buyer for the bike and call him april 30th to let him know and to make arrangements for pic up.

Stephen calls me and tells me he sold it in Nov 2011 for $4800. and would call me back to make arrangements to pay me. He has not yet done that This a rare British racing sport bike and matched with my engine it could bring $12,000 to $15,000 to a collector.Desired Settlement: I would like to know what he sold it for and I would like to be paid for my bike.BBB's Final Determination: Business failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/restoration-werks/louieville-Kentucky-4/restoration-werks-lied-cheated-stole-louieville-Kentucky-1041653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on restoration werks