Complaint Review: resumemycareer

• Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Lexington Kentucky
resumemycareer
1350 Avenue of the Americans, New York, New York USA

resumemycareer RMC accepted $279 payment in Feb 2013 and in August I still haven't received my resume/services. new york New York

*Consumer Comment: You have the ability to correct this.

Resume My Career is a resume writting service claiming to be certified professionals. I had contracted them in February 2013 for a platinum package to include resume, federal resume, cover letters, search engine postings and more. The cost of the package: $279. Today is the 20th of August and I still have no documents. The first document they had returned to me was so generic that one could have added your dog's name to it. Correspondance was back and fourth adding education, experiences, skills, etc. I had downloaded a copy to have proof-read by my college professors in business, english, and veterans/work force professionals. Resume my career representative informed that these professionals didn't know anything about "working resumes". Although endorsed by the Professional Association of Resume Writters ads Career Coaches (PARWCC) and the Professional Association of Resume Writters (CPRW) I have recently found out through the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) that Resume My Career had an "F" rating which revoked their BBB accrediation. Today, with Justin (from RMC), I opened the latest resume and found the formatting was wrong (items on pg 1 carried onto pg 2 above my name block). He (Justin) tried to convince me that formatting all depends upon the operating system opening it. Funny how he was using Microsoft Word as was I and we were seeing two different things.

Resume My Career has very poor quality workmanship, communication efforts, and customer service skills. They inform me there is NO refund or compensation for a service that was supposed to be 72 hours and has lasted 7 months now. I have been "Ripped off"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/resumemycareer/New-York-New-York/resumemycareer-RMC-accepted-279-payment-in-Feb-2013-and-in-August-I-still-havent-receiv-1077461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on resumemycareer

You have the ability to correct this.

AUTHOR: DavidJ - ()

File a complaint with the Internet Crimes Commission.

I addition to not getting what you paid for, you responded to an ad that said resumes were $99 and paid $279.  This is deceptive advertising.

Contact both the Professional Association of Resume Writters and Career Coaches (PARWCC) and the Professional Association of Resume Writters (CPRW)  You can look them up on the Internet.  They can help you resolve this.