Complaint Review: Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Rockmart Georgia
Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau
2269 S. Saw Mill River Road, Building 3 Elmsford, New York U.S.A.

Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau trying to collect on accounts that are paid in full Elmsford New York

In April, 2006, I was contacted by these folks due to accounts owed to my auto club for books my boys got out of the mail before me. They got the bills too. I contacted the auto club, canceled the books and paid them off. Now 2-21-09 I get a letter from retrieval masters dated 2-14-09 attempting to collect $58.23. I contacted the auto club immediately and was told the account was paid in full and to ignore the letters. The economy is bad and I am sure these collections agencies are having a bad time so they could try to slip a few by.

There are those out there that will pay even though they do not owe or have allready paid. There are companies called scavenger collection agencies that pay pennies on the dollar for bad depts that have allready been written off and can not legally be collected.These people will lie and try anything to collect when they cannot do anything. Retrieval Masters is one of these scavengers.

Anyone who gets billed from them should investigate. DO NOT send them money without first verifing the debt. I have one letter for $10,006.06 for a dept they said I co-signed in 2001. This is with another collector for when my brother went to a rip-off truck driving school in Arkansas. They claim I co-signed which I did not, and since he lives in South Carolina, where he cannot be garnished, and I live in Georgia they are trying to get me. The original loan was around $3,000.00.

State law says statute of limitations on written contracts is 6 (six) years. They will try anything and have yet to send me a copy of the contract. I do not have to prove I did not sign it, that point is mute. They are not allowed to attempt collections on it.These collections companies are really hard up. Everyone beware.

Rockmart, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Retrieval-Masters-Creditors-Bureau/Elmsford-New-York-10523/Retrieval-Masters-Creditors-Bureau-trying-to-collect-on-accounts-that-are-paid-in-full-Elm-426916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau