Complaint Review: REVOL / REVOL WIRELESS

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2009

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
REVOL / REVOL WIRELESS
revol.com Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

REVOL / REVOL WIRELESS HOLDING MY PHONE HOSTAGE!! I CAN NO LONGER USE MY PHONE!! Indianapolis Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Blame your son

It all started when I turned the phone off on my son when he ran up the SPRINT bill. He thought he would out do me by taking the phone I had purchased and have a plan for over to REVOL and have it activated. Well now I want to re activate the phone back on to my Sprint plan - I have to pay for it anyway due to not wanting to break the contract.

We took it to the Sprint store but the could not do any thing - said that REVOL had put a "CODE" or "Progam" in and would have to take it out so they could re activate the phone. SO over to REVOL we go and are informed that "they put the program in but do not take it out". So I called the company and was told the same thing.

SO now I have MY phone with there program in it and they will not take it out. If I do not use there service I do not have a service I can use at all. I feel like my phone is being help hostage and if I do not use there service I can not use my phone at all. IT"S MY PHONE. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT AND USE WHO EVER I WANT AS MY CELL PHONE PROVIDER! There only response was "He signed to activate it". That does not mean they get to make my phone so it can NOT be used with anyone but THEM!!!

Pamilakd
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REVOL-REVOL-WIRELESS/Indianapolis-Indiana-46201/REVOL-REVOL-WIRELESS-HOLDING-MY-PHONE-HOSTAGE-I-CAN-NO-LONGER-USE-MY-PHONE-Indianapo-412296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REVOL / REVOL WIRELESS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Sounds like your son took your phone and signed for it to be flashed to thier network. It is not something they put on the phone but rather settings that were changed internally. He had to sign a document giving them permission to flash it and it states that it more than likely will no longer be able to work on the original carrier. Blame your son not revol!

#2 Consumer Suggestion