Complaint Review: RGP Research Inc. with Dennis Burton

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: MadW — Madison Wisconsin
RGP Research Inc. with Dennis Burton
815 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 New York, New York USA

RGP Research Inc. with Dennis Burton DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!!!! Mystery Shopper via RGP Research Inc with Dennis Burton is a HUGE and ILLIGAL SCAM. New York New York

YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE PERSON TO STOP A RIPOFF TO HAPPEN!!!!

I too started receiving emails from an individual identified as, Dennis Burton for two weeks to be a secret shopper. Great Scam!!! I was very weary of this from the first email to its process and format of communication. I used to be a loss prevention agent. So, I am naturally suspicious. I was hoping to have a phone number attached for me to call. None! So, yesterday, 7/5/13, I got a cashier's check with a Liberty Bank information with a N. Richland Hills, Tx branch. The letter that it accompanied instructed to wire transfer $1450 to supposed potential next mystery shopper, who supposedly lived in the Philippines via Western Union. BINGO - huge SCAM ALERT light bulb was just blazingly lit. So, I researched that bank and they had an internet scam alert and filed a report with them, as well as to contact me. I researched RGP and found out a lot scam reports (including from this website - ripoffreport. [continued below]....

.....com). I contacted the RGP phone contained in the letter. No human answered. I Google earth searched the address: 815 Broadway, New York, NY 10003. It comes to a building which is somewhat suspicious location for a reputable research company. Lastly, I had my friendly banker check out & confirmed that the check was FAKE. They told me that the biggest discrepancies were in the routing numbers did not match. So, if anyone got the same ripoff letter and fraudulent check, I hope you are reading this post, not get emotionally carried away on cashing the check, and seriously conduct a lot of research on the process of financial matters (i.e. wiring monies via Westner Union). Never wire monies without first talking to live person. Most of all, have a banker check out the check first. Do not let fear and shame get in the way that you could be a possible scam accessory and victim to stop the scam domino to continue. This person (Dennis Burton - I doubt that this is even his real name and from the U.S.), needs to be stopped and brought to justice. You the consumer are the ultimate victim and the ones who can stop the domino scam to go through. After all, it is in your financial interest and your good name to do so. Check out the FRAUDULENT CHECK first before cashing it!!!! If you still want to go through with the process because its too good to be true, then ensure that you have a lot cash to cover the fraudulent deposit/cashing the check. Be smart about it and not let your emotions get in the way. I prevented the domino to fall onto me and did not cash the CHECK but had it check out first. Good luck and I am so sorry for anyone who had been victimized before and after this post.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RGP-Research-Inc-with-Dennis-Burton/New-York-New-York-10003/RGP-Research-Inc-with-Dennis-Burton-DO-NOT-CASH-THE-CHECK-Mystery-Shopper-via-RGP-Re-1064826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RGP Research Inc. with Dennis Burton