Complaint Review: Rhodes Retail Services

• Updated: Mon, November 25, 2013

• Reported By: Haku4u — Punta Gorda Florida
Rhodes Retail Services
9631 Elk Grove Florin Road Elk Grove, California USA

Rhodes Retail Services They terminated my employment, as well as others, without any knowledge Elk Grove California

So in March of this year, 2013, I applied for a job with the mentioned company and got hired.  When I got hired, they told me that I would spend about 2 months on the road doing resets for companies such as IKEA, and then spend a couple of weeks at home before going back out again.  I should have asked questions, but because of being unemployed for a couple of years, I was more than happy about being hired.  In March, I was sent to Maine for 2 months to remodel several auto parts stores.  In May, I came home for about 2 weeks and than sent to Baltimore for 2 months to remodel an IKEA.  In August, I came home for about a week and had a local job in which I was able to sleep in my own bed every night.  Since August, my so called "company" never sent me an offer to work elseware.  Several times a week, I would log in to the company website to see if any work has been sent my way.

Well today, 11/25/13, I tried to log into my company website and couldn't log in even though I use the "remember me" option so I wouldn't have to type my password and user name everytime and I couldn't log in because it said that my password was wrong.  I used the "forgot password" link and it came back that my email address was invalid.  When I called my company, I let the girl know who answered the phone what my problem was.  She transferred me to HR who stated that since I didn't work for the past 90 days, I was terminated.  When I told her that it was not my fault that I haven't worked, she stated that it was not the companies fault and that a letter will be mailed to me "hopefully tomorrow".

So first of all, please do not ever apply at this company unless you live on the west coast of the US.  Apparently, that is the only way you are guarnteed work on a regular basis.  Also, do I have any recourse?  I live in Florida which is an "employment at will" state, so by where I live, I don't.  Any advise will be appreciated.  Thank you all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rhodes-Retail-Services/Elk-Grove-California-95624/Rhodes-Retail-Services-They-terminated-my-employment-as-well-as-others-without-any-know-1102168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rhodes Retail Services