Complaint Review: Rich Wyatt

• Updated: Tue, January 14, 2014

• Reported By: Sandie — Bennington Nebraska
Rich Wyatt
9690 W. 44th Ave Wheat ridge, Colorado USA

Rich Wyatt, GUNSMOKE, Colt B. MILLIONAIRE WON'T REFUND $430.39 for incomplete gun kit Wheat ridge Colorado

*Author of original report: Problem resolved.

Huge fans of Discovery Channel show called American Guns and the Wyatts, always said if we visited Colorado would stop in and visit.  Ended up making it a very dispappointing Christmas for myself and husband and not so fond of the famous Rich Wyatt, Gunsmoke gun shop and employess.

Stopped by the Gunsmoke shop on September 13, 2013 in Wheat Ridge, Colorado.  There were approximatelt four employees in the shop just sitting around.  Spent time looking, attempting to purhase a holster which wouldn't fit, and a couple of t-shirts.  Inquired about a black powder rifle kit, since they could no longer sale other firearms due to loss of FFL.  Guess I should gave questioned ethics then, but I didn't.  The employees were more than willing to offer further information about how the shop had been burglarized etc.  My husband looked at the kit, and was told by the employee "gun kits were purchased from an estate sale, box is messed up a little, but all parts were inventoried by him personally and the kit is complete".  My husband discussed it how he already had the matching pistol and would like the rifle but was not sure it was the right time since the the kits were marked $399.99 each.  The employee told him to think about it and if he changes his mind they could mail it to him, and gave him a business card.  You see we were visiting from eastern Nebraska.

After we returned home from our trip I decided to purchase the rifle kit for my husband for Christmas.  I contacted a friend whom we stayed with while visiting in September.  Explained what I wanted and he picked the rifle kit up on October 31, 2013.  The employee also told him, "the box is taped, but could gaurantee all parts were there, he checked them himself.  My friend bought it for $430.39 with tax.  He brought it all the way to Omaha when he came to visit for Thanksgiving. He was a litte worried about the condition of the box and explained his conversation with the employee, and I explained we were told the same thing.  I wrapped the box and placed it under the tree.  Christmas day came, the box was opened husband surprised as was I to find ony half of the rifle kit as enclosed, it was missing Instructions, screws, color case hardened lock, hooked breach, screw adjustment rear sight, blade front site, double st triggers, brass wedge plate, brass nose cap, and brass thimbles.  Pretty much the entire gun was missing.

Contacted Gunsmoke on 12/27/2013, and spoke with Bob and was told Rich Wyatt would be out of town until January 2 or 3, 2014.  Took my name and number and said Rich Wyatt would contact me.  January 3rd came and no contact with Rich Wyatt or any employee of Gunsmoke.  Called on the January 4, 2014, and was told Rich Wyatt had not returned, but assured would call as soon as he did (Bob again).  Waited until today and made another call to Gunsmoke, spoke to Bob again, Rich said to relay there would be no refund because  when the gun left it was complete.  All good and well, but it was not.  You see the gun was never opened by anyone ecept the employees of Gunsmoke who gauranteed the kit was complete when they opened it to inventory the rifle kit.  The ends of the box were completely taped, and nothing, absolutely nothing could have fallen out of the box.  I've seen in other reports Rich Wyatt actually spoke to other customers, calling them liars.  I guess I should be lucky at least he did't try to intimidate me.  I am a Military wife whos husband served his country for 28 years, if my husband leaving on deployments did not intimidate me, Rich Wyatt cetainly would not.  I do not work, I am disabled, so spending $400 for a rifle kit was pretty extreme, but I wanted my husband to have something he would enjoy.  I guess being a millionaire like Rich Wyatt, driving his flag wrapped truck gives him special priviledge to rip off the American public.  Rich Wyatt is a coward and dishonest business man.  In our house we don't hide behind our Flag, we stand beside it.

Please let you military friends and family know of this disgraceful company and man.  Unless the word gets out more people will line the pockets of Rich Wyatt and Gunsmoke.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2014 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rich-Wyatt/Wheat-ridge-Colorado-80033/Rich-Wyatt-GUNSMOKE-Colt-B-MILLIONAIRE-WONT-REFUND-43039-for-incomplete-gun-kit-Wh-1115431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rich Wyatt

Problem resolved.

AUTHOR: Sandie - ()

After many phone calls to Gunsmoke and from Gunsmoke, and actually getting the opportunity to speak with Mr. Wyatt, our problem has been resolved.  As of yesterday 13 FEB all the missing parts were mailed to us as were promised via a phone conversation on 29 FEB.  Although I feel it shoud not have been this difficult to resolve, there is great relief that it has.