Complaint Review: Richard Mason

• Updated: Tue, October 16, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Los Angeles California United States of America
Richard Mason
201 E 5TH ST Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Richard Mason Synovate Groups Focus Group SCAM - Western Union Fraud -- will take your money and run Cincinnati, Ohio

I fell for the oldest trick in the book. I am a member of several legit focus groups so when I got an email saying it paid $250 to do a secret shopper type survey of course I thought it was normal. What I didn't know is that you should never ever trust someone asking you to send things through Western Union to someone you've never met.

I was sent a check for $2250 and asked to send most of it through a Western Union branch and take notes on the attendant's "smartness". That should've been my first red flag, but as I was in need of money I ignored the nagging feeling that something wasn't right. Then after I sent it, I felt sick to my stomach that I was going to owe my bank $2000 when the check bounced. But then I got an email from Richard asking me to cancel the transfer and then deposit most of the money into a bank account for G Olmeda. Fortunately instead I decided to put keep the money so when the check bounced I would be covered, which it did two days later. I don't know type of laundering fraud scheme they are trying to pull but beware!

Richard Mason is an evil, evil scam artist and will take your money and run.

I hope this will prevent others from foolishly falling for an extremely common scam like I almost did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Mason/Cincinnati-Ohio-45202/Richard-Mason-Synovate-Groups-Focus-Group-SCAM-Western-Union-Fraud-will-take-your-mon-955764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Mason