John Stubbs, Jeff Holbrook, Jason in warranty are incompetant. Richmond American has poor workmanship on the home they built for me. They will not respond to us. Before you buy a home from Richmond America go and ask other home owners that have built with them what their experience has been like? Mine has been horrible. Others on my street in Lehi, Utah have not had a good experience at all. Do not take my word for it go anywhere they have built homes and ask the home owners of their opinion?
I will mention at least a few of my problems and I do this because we moved in on October 1, 2006 and have had many problems and cannot get Richmond to respond to them neither can others. They are more interested in telling you whatever they have to get you to sign the dotted line and deal with problems later (they actually don't deal with any). I actually did the finale cleaning on my own the day we moved in because they did not do it. The home was a mess and I have video and pictures to prove everything. We have faxed, mailed, emailed, and called numerous times trying to get problems fixed to no avail. Here is a list of my problems:
1. I found that I have no insulation above the Master bedroom, bathroom, closet, and front living room. Thay are fixing this.
2. There is a crack over 3 feet long in our great room. No one will come and fix it.
3. After the tile was installed and grout put in the painters came and worked on the main floor. The sanding dust settled on the grout and has discolored it. Richmond keeps making promises to fix but has not.
4. Sheetrock mud is still on carpet.
5. Tile is coming loose from floor. They did not put backer board down on the sub floors to lay tile onto. They used a cheap plastic material and tile is coming up in several places.
6. Paint is still on tile.
7. Several base boards were not sanded just painted over.
8. Richmond has fixed my back deck temporarily.
9. Weather stripping is missing off the front door.
10. Paint is peeling in several places.
11. The paint job is horrible. We painted the base boards in our previous house and did a better job than Richmond did on ours.
12. Garage door threshold is coming up.
13. Paint bubbling up, and sloppy they actually came for two days to fix paint problems, but didn't fix everything now they just tell us this paint job is the best they can do.
We have waited for months to get our problems taken care of with no follow-up from Richmond American (John Holbrook, Jeff in warranty). We have come to this so that others do not fall into this same trap with them.