Complaint Review: Richmond Harley Davidson

• Updated: Thu, January 09, 2014

• Reported By: Dreamweaver — Partlow Virginia
Richmond Harley Davidson
PO Box 1777 Ashland, Virginia USA

Richmond Harley Davidson Would not back what they said about being warranted. Ashland Virginia

*Author of original report: Add 1 more thing

*Author of original report: It was wrong

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Not the full story!

I took my 2008 Harley Davidson in to get a rear drive belt put on and the Dearlership's service mananger came out to look at what was wrong and he said "that if the sprokets was messed up and it caused the damage to the belt it was covered under my extended warranty and if it was that I was going to try and get them to replace the belt also" that is what he said.   Two days later they called and told me that it was going to coast me around 1200 dollars to fix it. I went ahead and let them fix it and when I went to get the Bike back thats when I was told the reason why they wouldn't put it under my warranty, and said it wasn't covered.   I called ealier in the year and another person said then if it was the sprokets messed up all I would have to is pay for was the belt sence it wasn't under warranty, not just once I was told it was under warranty but three to four times.     All I want them to do is do is what they said they would do and warranty it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richmond-Harley-Davidson/Ashland-Virginia-23005/Richmond-Harley-Davidson-Would-not-back-what-they-said-about-being-warranted-Ashland-Vir-1114372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richmond Harley Davidson

Add 1 more thing

AUTHOR: Dreamweaver - ()

I wrote a little earlier about what happened and I said it was about the extended warranty, I just also wanted to add if I'm in the wrong I'm sorry but until Mr. Busic wrote the rebutal, they still didn't tell me why it wasn't covered under the extended warranty, all they said is that it wasn't covered. Now I see what they said happened why it wouldn't be under warranty. When he wrote this on here was the frist time I herd that a rock or something chewed up the belt and sprockets now I know why.   So now I know what happened, all  I was trying to get was someone to tell me why it wasn't under warranty and it took going on this for me to find out. and now they got mad and  told we to take my Bike to someone else for service not to bring it to them that I wasn't aloud to bring it back.   Thank you for you time and Patience.... Dreamweaver.

It was wrong

AUTHOR: Dreamweaver - ()

Mr Busic is right they did tell me that the cost was going to be out of my pocket but what I was saying was nothing against Him or the Dealership they have always done me wright, but what I was saying if you read it carefully was about the EXTENDED WARRANTY is what I was complaining abot not them... But I do want to rebut one thing that Mr. Busic said when they called me with an estament and I was told then that haven't tuched it yet so how did they know what it was then.  All I was trying to get through is and was about the warranty.

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Not the full story!

AUTHOR: Gary Busic - ()

I am the Service Manager that Mr M. Swisher is talking about in this complaint. He has turned the information around to make it appear that he was not told the truth. He has ESP (extended service plan) that is a very good product that cover's 90% of items that may fail on a motorcycle after the factory warranty runs out. In this case a rock or something flew up and destroyed the belt and both sprockets. When it is not the fault of a defective part as in this case the parts would not be covered. When it was determined that it was not a failed part I told my service writer to call and let him know it would not be covered by ESP and he would have to come out of pocket. No work was preformed on the bike until he gave the ok to do so. In this incident everything was spelled out for him. I will tell you we take pride in our service department here at Richmond Harley and we do the right thing when it comes to our word. Thank You Gary Busic / Service Manager