Complaint Review: Rick's Auto Repair

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:Kearney Nebraska
Rick's Auto Repair
2201 Ave H Kearney, Nebraska U.S.A.

Well to start with an employee there tried to scam me out of the money I was to receive from the salvage company for my 2001 Hyundai Elantra. Then after I caught on to the scam I had the salvage yard come for the car at Ricks. The employee lied to the salvage yard driver saying he didn't have the key when they were in the ignition. The salvage yard then waited another day to come for the vehicle only to find that in the 24 hr period my car was smashed in completely on all sides.

I had a brick thru the front windshield and the engine had been stripped for parts. I knew this employee was full of you know what and he confessed like a little girl to the cops under questioning. Not only is the owner of the shop Rick not reimbursing me for the difference between the salvage prices when i asked him if he fired the employee he said no. I would highly recommend not taking your vehicle to his tin shack of a shop as you can see his integrity and intelligence are highly in question. I am in the process of taking them to court in small claims litigation.

Kearney, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ricks-Auto-Repair/Kearney-Nebraska-68848/Ricks-Auto-Repair-SCAM-ARTISTS-NEVER-TAKE-YOUR-VEHICLE-TO-RICKS-AUTO-Kearney-Nebraska-346048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rick's Auto Repair