Complaint Review: Ride Bike Gear

Ride Bike Gear
PO Box 1653 Guelph, Ontario Canada

Ride Bike Gear Bags and Balls,,,Ride Bike Gear has neither Guelph Ontario

. [continued below]....

I ordered hard bags for my 2012 Heritage softail from this company.

Bags arrived - with about 6 lines of instruction

It took 8 hours, two trips to a dealership and two trips to Canadian Tire for extra parts to modify the install - as per the instructions

Test ride -(1 hour of frustration and I was home) the bags would not stay closed, everytime I hit the smallest bump the bags popped

Next day, went to unlock the bags, the key stuck in the lock and would not come out - the bags came off in short order and that is when I seen the 2 inch gash on my belt guard from the bags bashing it everytime I had hit a bump!

The company - even though their instructions clearly state "you may have to modify for install" says they will not refund or take the bags back because I "Modified" them for install!

I explained that these bags are not stable, they cannot clear my belt guard, they are ill fitted for a Harley Davidson motorcycle

They say they will "warranty" the parts - how can you ever warranty bags that will NEVER fit my bike - when I offered to exchange my repair bill on my belt guard, they stopped talking to me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ride-Bike-Gear/Guelph-Ontario-N1H-6R7/Ride-Bike-Gear-Bags-and-BallsRide-Bike-Gear-has-neither-Guelph-Ontario-1143757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ride Bike Gear